1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Jacket

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by Ian182, Jun 28, 2005.

1. Ian182

Ian182

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +100
    Bought the region 1 of this last week, and watched it at the weekend.

For those who have never heard of it, its a time travelling story, starring Adrien Brody and Keira Knightley.

Reminded me very much of The Butterfly Effect, a film that I adore, and I was left with similar feelings for this at the end. Beautifully shot, well acted, and very enjoyable.

Highly recommended for lovers of The Butterfly Effect/12 Monkeys/Donnie Darko :thumbsup:

Only disappointment is the lack of a Directors Commetary on the disk......ah well, here's hoping for a Special Edition :)

Ian.

2. lovemunkey187

lovemunkey187

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +29
    Saw this at the pics and was left thinking what the fudge?!? Kinda liked it though.

Watched Butterfly Effect, The Theatrical Version from the R3 2 disc set today. And thought this was brilliant. Really enjoyed it.

3. Razor

Razor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12,504
    I thought it was a clever and original moive. I didn't know what to expect before watching it but I really enjoyed it. I wouldnt like to be in that draw tho.... :rolleyes:

8 out of 10 :thumbsup:

4. the_pauley

the_pauley
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +198
    I was dragged to see this by a mate who has fairly dire taste in movies. He was enthusing over this after seeing the trailer so I was very wary. I agreed to go to his movie (The Jacket)and he agreed to go to mine (A Dirty Shame).

I ended up really enjoying The Jacket while he hated it. We both loved A Dirty Shame. Pure, unadultarated filth from start to finish. :D

5. Razor

Razor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12,504
    I have just bought 12 Monkeys because of this film. I was quiet young when i saw 12 Monkeys and I think the movie just went straight over my head so i didn't like it. Hopefully it will be different now.

Adrien Brody is turning out to be a good little actor, hopefully he is as good in King Kong :)