The "It's Not Valid But I'll Post It Anyway" Thread

Zone

Reaction score
Lines, Curved, straight, coloured, jagged, leading, broken?

Couldn't see much in my pile for this, the one below maybe if I had gone for a higher vantage point to make the road more prominent, will definitely be back up in this area next year and try again.

When this theme was announced I did have an idea in my head and while in Dundee yesterday I took the images below. The sun decided to come out just as I started taking photos, despite it being grey, wet and gloomy all day.... (last week had the opposite issue while out with the camera). My exposure time nowhere near as long as I wanted even with a 10 stop and the bridge merging with the land on the other side of the river, it didn't quite look like I had hoped.

I will try again next week with another vantage point, unless another idea I had a bit closer to home works out sooner.

Couldn't see much in my pile for this, the one below maybe if I had gone for a higher vantage point to make the road more prominent, will definitely be back up in this area next year and try again.

When this theme was announced I did have an idea in my head and while in Dundee yesterday I took the images below. The sun decided to come out just as I started taking photos, despite it being grey, wet and gloomy all day.... (last week had the opposite issue while out with the camera). My exposure time nowhere near as long as I wanted even with a 10 stop and the bridge merging with the land on the other side of the river, it didn't quite look like I had hoped.

I will try again next week with another vantage point, unless another idea I had a bit closer to home works out sooner.
Glen Docherty viewpoint is a bit higher and gives the further curves if zoomed in. Or up the mountain at the 360m mark. But ideally a drone above your previous viewpoint.

I think that road is not as photogenic as it used to be as they have straightened much if it. On a poor photo from 1999 taken on a <1MP digital camera (Olympus D-500L) the road seems to have a lot more bends higher up.

viewpoint1.jpg upmt.jpgPIC00020.jpg

Last edited:
The viewpoint was directly to my right, I went down to the road so it was centered in my image so I think your right that a drone would be the ideal solution.

I did try a Mavic Air on release but I like to walk / hike and take photos as I go with minimal interruption to the walk and I found the process of stopping and setting up the drone a bit annoying.

One of my colleague's bought the Air 2S which seems ideal with the 1" sensor, will have to borrow hers next time I go up there.

Interesting looking church. Also, very Scandinavian/Nordic look. where might this be? Although I think the chandeliers give it an air of Catholic church, so maybe not in Scandinavia :)
Good morning Marika, well spotted, Its in Northern Norway, in a village called Skjerstad, its in the area i stay in when visiting, sadly this virus is preventing us from going last year and this year probably as well :(

Good morning Marika, well spotted, Its in Northern Norway, in a village called Skjerstad, its in the area i stay in when visiting, sadly this virus is preventing us from going last year and this year probably as well :(

Just keep thinking there's always the next time. We have had to put off so many things. Some of them will not happen ever again, so they're gone into the pages of history and we missed it. This virus sure has knocked us all seven days to a Sunday but we shall rise, humanity always does.

An also ran from my 2 minute photoshoot at the level crossing - again I wasn't in anyway on the tracks just on the path you can see in the frame ;).

I thought the fisheye lens would make a really interesting composition but in the end I struggled to get something I liked. Low down you lost the perspective disappearing into the horizon and high up it looked a bit weak.

P5190539 (Large).jpg

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom