The "It's not valid but I'll post it anyway" thread

Zone

Reaction score
Shadows :)

436DEF53-8F5D-49E0-BBF2-2CCFD774ABD8.png

Ice, I really like all of those! Great shots. And I think often shadows work the best on black and white photos.

Thx M. That was shot using Panasonic GX80 and the " mono L " settings. Used a Sigma 30mm prime. Great camera. Unfortunately not been out lately because my bloody medical problem... Missed the Edinburgh festival too. Thx for feedback

Ice

I actually don’t have a single pic I think fits in here, guess I’m just not a shadow shooter :confused:

I actually don’t have a single pic I think fits in here, guess I’m just not a shadow shooter :confused:
I'm having a debate with my personal theme police about the difference between "Shadows" and "Silhouette" (though at least I've learnt how to spell silhouette ;) )

Here are a handful that might count...

Slow photography selfie
by AMc UK, on Flickr

Barrels, Otard, Chateau de Cognac
by AMc UK, on Flickr

Starburst!
by AMc UK, on Flickr

Louise Bourgeois's Spider
by AMc UK, on Flickr

Dupont Circle Escalators, WMATA Washington D.C.
by AMc UK, on Flickr

I've got more than I thought, most not by design though. Plenty with dark shaded backgrounds, but don't think that really quite hits 'shadows' as a theme.

London Sun Nov 17-1423 by Lee aka Rancidpunk, on Flickr

Yorkshire Dales Malham Cove by Lee aka Rancidpunk, on Flickr

Yorkshire Dales D7200-217 by Lee aka Rancidpunk, on Flickr

Brill Mill-29 by Lee aka Rancidpunk, on Flickr

London Southbank by Lee aka Rancidpunk, on Flickr

Peak District Dec 16 D7200-41 by Lee aka Rancidpunk, on Flickr

How can a "photographer" NOT have any shots in his portfolio that have shadows featured ? :confused:o_O:eek::facepalm::devil: :laugh:

My entry from Sept 12 -

IMG_5754e by A H, on Flickr

Slightly more obscure but shadows did play a part - Antelope Canyon

IMG_4212a by A H, on Flickr

Was tempted to offer this one for the comp. I liked the way the clouds shaded parts of the scene but specifically left the houses lit by the sunshine.​

Attachments

• 20180923_144318.jpg
    20180923_144318.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 59
This was a possible contender for me - ‘Rain Shadow’ I was going to call it. Not so much shadows in the literal meaning, but still I like it. A quick grab on my iPhone again, and ‘popped’ in Snapseed.

This was on the apron in Santiago, Chile, last week.

F50AD888-D540-49A2-86BD-0CF0091B291E.jpeg

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom