The "It's not valid but I'll post it anyway" Thread

Miranda

Prominent Member
Reaction score
I don't know if this is Zone's holy responsibility to start this thread. But as it seems he has a life and is needed elsewhere atm, I thought I'll start one anyway :)
Zone, if you want to restart this in your name, I don't mind the slightest. Just thought about doing it as people were asking...

So post away!

Thanks Miranda, my short term memory is not so good and i suffered a complete blank on how to start this thread off:blush:

Took this for the November 2010 comp, but decided it was not good enough, but it cant come to any harm in the not valid thread:)

6437612093_d60253235d_b.jpg

Nov 2010? - looks more like Butlins Circa 1964 :devil:

I don't know if this is Zone's holy responsibility to start this thread. But as it seems he has a life and is needed elsewhere atm, I thought I'll start one anyway :)
Zone, if you want to restart this in your name, I don't mind the slightest. Just thought about doing it as people were asking...

So post away!

Thanks Miranda, I'm getting old and the mind is quickly turning to jelly :thumbsup:

Right, I have been meaning to enter this competition for months and months. I will make the effort to actually do so this time.

Anyway, a not valid effort from many years ago with a P&S in Paris. Shot was taken from the top of Tour Montparnase, the best place in Paris because you cannot see the building your inside!

Paris - Long Exposure by Architecture Charlatan, on Flickr

This is Genova train station taken from the (horrible) hotel window. I selected the hotel for convenience and distance from the train station as I was arriving late. Big mistake!

Genova Train Station by Architecture Charlatan, on Flickr

Last edited:
Love the shot from Paris. But what are those two black lines near the top of the picture? For me that Paris shot is a winner right there.

Love the shot from Paris. But what are those two black lines near the top of the picture? For me that Paris shot is a winner right there.

Its some sort of artefacting that was only present after several years in storage. I keep meaning to photoshop the image to get rid of them but I'd rather get back to Paris and take better shots. If I am honest, I do not know why they are present but they are very distracting. :facepalm:

Actually, this one is valid :) I stopped in the street outside my workplace on 1st Dec to take the view of a recently opened office and then later found the theme posted for this month was......

6444013731_f56c26158d_b.jpg

:laugh:

Interesting building that is! Works for me as a shot, too :) Urban enough!

Looked at it in Flickr. That starry sky is gorgeous, too.

Last edited:
Took this (along with some other photos on my flickr) tonight but dont think it says urban enough for me.

IMG_7390 by ob7282, on Flickr

And I think I can do better!

Last edited:
I think you're right - it's a very nice shot but doesn't really say "urban" to me

Jim

Was taken in the middle of Cardiff but its more of a natural area in an urban environment but that doesnt really come through in the photo at all. I just wanted to get out and take some photos! Got a couple of ideas today though for entries for the comp so not a total waste of time!

Some I took a couple of months ago on a night trip to Grangemouth. Says more industrial than urban but thought I would put them here anyway.

avf_invalid1.jpg

avf_invalid2.jpg

avf_invalid3.jpg

KH

nice set Keith

There are 4 black bars on the image and if you enhance them, they seem to be labels of the buildings "Ecole Militaire" " Arc De Triomph" "Les Invalides" and "Las Defense"??? :confused:

One from tonight that I liked but not Urban enough I think :)

P1060301-resized.jpg

Jim

Nice shot but I prefer your entry - more urban I feel and I really like the composition too

Jim

nonumb: for me it was the right one! Although I do like this too. I think you did a great job.

Thanks guys having a new lens has really got me back into photography and its great to receive some feedback!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom