• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

The "It's not valid but I'll post it anyway" Thread

Miranda

Prominent Member
I don't know if this is Zone's holy responsibility to start this thread. But as it seems he has a life and is needed elsewhere atm, I thought I'll start one anyway :)
Zone, if you want to restart this in your name, I don't mind the slightest. Just thought about doing it as people were asking...

So post away!

bodoman

Distinguished Member
Thanks Miranda, my short term memory is not so good and i suffered a complete blank on how to start this thread off:blush:

Took this for the November 2010 comp, but decided it was not good enough, but it cant come to any harm in the not valid thread:)

6437612093_d60253235d_b.jpg

shotokan101

Banned
Nov 2010? - looks more like Butlins Circa 1964 :devil:

Zone

I don't know if this is Zone's holy responsibility to start this thread. But as it seems he has a life and is needed elsewhere atm, I thought I'll start one anyway :)
Zone, if you want to restart this in your name, I don't mind the slightest. Just thought about doing it as people were asking...

So post away!

Thanks Miranda, I'm getting old and the mind is quickly turning to jelly :thumbsup:

rringsell

Established Member
Right, I have been meaning to enter this competition for months and months. I will make the effort to actually do so this time.

Anyway, a not valid effort from many years ago with a P&S in Paris. Shot was taken from the top of Tour Montparnase, the best place in Paris because you cannot see the building your inside!

Paris - Long Exposure by Architecture Charlatan, on Flickr

This is Genova train station taken from the (horrible) hotel window. I selected the hotel for convenience and distance from the train station as I was arriving late. Big mistake!

Genova Train Station by Architecture Charlatan, on Flickr

Last edited:

Miranda

Prominent Member
Love the shot from Paris. But what are those two black lines near the top of the picture? For me that Paris shot is a winner right there.

rringsell

Established Member
Love the shot from Paris. But what are those two black lines near the top of the picture? For me that Paris shot is a winner right there.

Its some sort of artefacting that was only present after several years in storage. I keep meaning to photoshop the image to get rid of them but I'd rather get back to Paris and take better shots. If I am honest, I do not know why they are present but they are very distracting. :facepalm:

Butch499

Established Member
Actually, this one is valid :) I stopped in the street outside my workplace on 1st Dec to take the view of a recently opened office and then later found the theme posted for this month was......

6444013731_f56c26158d_b.jpg

:laugh:

Miranda

Prominent Member
Interesting building that is! Works for me as a shot, too :) Urban enough!

Looked at it in Flickr. That starry sky is gorgeous, too.

Last edited:

nonumb

Prominent Member
Took this (along with some other photos on my flickr) tonight but dont think it says urban enough for me.

IMG_7390 by ob7282, on Flickr

And I think I can do better!

Last edited:

shotokan101

Banned
I think you're right - it's a very nice shot but doesn't really say "urban" to me

Jim

nonumb

Prominent Member
Was taken in the middle of Cardiff but its more of a natural area in an urban environment but that doesnt really come through in the photo at all. I just wanted to get out and take some photos! Got a couple of ideas today though for entries for the comp so not a total waste of time!

OneEyedStuart

Distinguished Member
Some I took a couple of months ago on a night trip to Grangemouth. Says more industrial than urban but thought I would put them here anyway.

avf_invalid1.jpg

avf_invalid2.jpg

avf_invalid3.jpg

KH

shotokan101

Banned
nice set Keith

Vigmandingo

Established Member

There are 4 black bars on the image and if you enhance them, they seem to be labels of the buildings "Ecole Militaire" " Arc De Triomph" "Les Invalides" and "Las Defense"??? :confused:

shotokan101

Banned
One from tonight that I liked but not Urban enough I think :)

P1060301-resized.jpg

Jim

shotokan101

Banned
Nice shot but I prefer your entry - more urban I feel and I really like the composition too

Jim

Miranda

Prominent Member
nonumb: for me it was the right one! Although I do like this too. I think you did a great job.

nonumb

Prominent Member
Thanks guys having a new lens has really got me back into photography and its great to receive some feedback!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom