Quantcast

The "It's Not Valid But I'll Enter It Anyway" thread

shotokan101

Distinguished Member
I started getting into photography got wildlife but have found myself doing almost zero wildlife and more landscape the past year, a few below:

1: Barafossar, just been to Iceland had to cut it short thanks to flight changes no Northern Lights :(

2: Sunrise at Inverbervie coast about 2 min walk form my house

3: Waterfall at Loch Lee in Glen Lee

4: Media City, Salford Quays (I work in Manchester a lot there days)

5: Waterfall at Loch Muick near Ballater

Well the landscape stuff is working out well for you that's for sure :smashin:

Sorry no not the Drach caves though we have been there also some time ago - one of many from a good few years ago now in Slovenia (2010) - and all handheld at high iso on my previous Sony dslr

Info here

Jim

1080 jawbreaker

Is this from Drach Caves in Majorca?

We went there a few years back and I wish I had taken a bloody tripod with me.... for that matter a camera would have helped as well.
Caves of Drach wont allow tripods, they dont want you to get hq photos. They want you to buy theres in the gift shop. They wouldnt even let me use my gorilla pod. Wasnt happy.

1080 jawbreaker

Tenerife, Masca in December. raced to catch the sunset but just missed the light

DSC03343.jpg

tried again the next day but the clouds refused to roll in.

DSC03484-HDR.jpg

Realised i hate bracketed shots and need some nd grads, and a wider angle lens

Last edited:

shotokan101

Distinguished Member
Beautiful

shotokan101

Distinguished Member
Works for me :)

JDR82

Nature or Urban both seem fine for landscape to me.

This was my other potential entry this month but the blue water won me over in my entry.

jamescg1972

I was going to drive down to the Green in Lytham to take a better version of this photo, but I guess I would struggle to argue it is essential travel, so will post a different landscape in the competition for this month.
fullsizeoutput_3062.jpeg

shotokan101

Distinguished Member
Nice shot but the foreground needs exposure boosting to show the details and colours properly :)

Jim

jamescg1972

Thanks for the advice Jim. I’ll give that a go when I get chance to go wandering with my camera again. 😊

That one was taken on my phone.

iansimpson888

iansimpson888

Marika

Absolutely love that set, Ian!