The Italian Job 40th AE out 15/6

Was this recently remastered? Really keen on this and the long good friday:cool: Wonder if that's a remaster also?

Had my preorder at Lovefilm for months and got 10% off, shipped today!

Should have it before official release date :D

TheHut group are great with Paramount pre-releases but others take ages, funny that.

I'm interested in this but I'm concerned it may not have aged well.

All the best
Bri

Aged, this is why it'll be great on blu, the cars, the clothes, Benny Hill.:D

I'm fearing an overuse of the dnr button though.

I expect it be the same as the SKY HD broadcast, which looked stella.

On the way from the Hut :smashin:

Mine's shipped from Sendit yesterday too.

First to get it please check languages and subtitles...

...on the disc, not the back cover. :D

Your thoughts on pic and sound quality would be helpful:thumbsup:

I assume since it's Paramount it'll be region free:lease:

I hope this ain't a DNR fest like ZULU. :rolleyes:

Yes, a trip report from whoever gets it first please!

My copies arrived, haven't had the chance to test it yet, but its so nice to have it here after waiting for so long.

Zulu I didnt mind how flat it looked really, it was still breath taking.

Would like to know if it has lossless audio and if it has the original mono track as well (press information only listed DD5.1).

Watched it this morning, The print is stunning. Truly one of the best I have ever seen. All the extras are in HD too, A great 90 min making off which I also watched. 2 comm tracks, Music Video etc... Dolby TrueHD soundtrack too. Deffo one of the best BD's I have, Go buy it :smashin:

Any comments on the grain at all?

Minimal grain, But it is there and the detail is superb. Viewing on a 50" plasma at about 5ft. Simply beautiful. The opening credits in the Alps had me hooked was only gonna have a quick check to see how it looks. Ended up watching the whole thing & the 90min doc.

Last edited:
mine arrived from the hut this am

gotta agree - another excellent offering - fantastic quality. using a uk ps3 so can't confirm if region free or not either i'm afraid

Minimal grain, But it is there and the detail is superb. Viewing on a 50" plasma at about 5ft. Simply beautiful. The opening credits in the Alps had me hooked was only gonna have a quick check to see how it looks. Ended up watching the whole thing & the 90min doc.

Awesome, sounds good! Fingers crossed for a Saturday delivery from Play (doubtful!).

Sounds great so far. Any info regarding the mono track, or is it just the TrueHD 5.1?

Fantastic, thank you! Looks like a great release from Paramount. :)

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom