The irrational and the not-so-irrational annoyance thread part five

Status
Not open for further replies.
got me wondering, is there call for an irrational fear thread?

Whenever I close my eyes whilst in the shower, my brain thinks I should be concerned about someone trying to kill me.

Whenever I close my eyes whilst in the shower, my brain thinks I should be concerned about someone trying to kill me.

ive thought this as well :rotfl:, seen one to many horror films

kav said:
Today's one for me: online sign-up forms which reset all the values you have populated if you don't fulfil their criteria. It's enough to make me click off the page without bothering.
Lazarus extension for Google Chrome :smashin:

I wouldn't touch that- it might store your details then goodness knows where they might end up. Then again, I'm a total browser extensions noob.

Back to annoyances- the fact that upon clicking on Iccz' link to this thread, from the iPhone/iPad app,'it takes me to the browser

The fact that the football season is starting again. I've enjoyed the past few months of not hearing those lower class gits cheering on some overpaid yobs kick a ball around. :sigh:. Now everyone is going to be talking about them, referring to complete strangers as 'we', 'us', etc and it will be on the news.

Last edited:
Fish and chips by the sea, remind me why this is so great again?

Paying twice as much for half the portion size you get anywhere else while pretending that we can tell the difference between fish that's half a day fresher than usual after it's been coated in batter and deep fried in god knows what while we try and simultaneously eat it and stop it blowing away.

tvbox said:
The fact that the football season is starting again. I've enjoyed the past few months of not hearing those lower class gits cheering on some overpaid yobs kick a ball around. :sigh:. Now everyone is going to be talking about them, referring to complete strangers as 'we', 'us', etc and it will be on the news.

While I don't share all your sentiments there, I agree about people saying "we" when referring to sports teams. If you are not in the team, then please do not talk about the triumphs, efforts, struggles etc. of your preferred team in the first person! My father in law does it all the time, even though I am quite sure he hasn't kicked a ball in forty years.

I have also massively gone off football over the last ten years. I used to follow it quite avidly but now I couldn't tell you England's first choice XI, and my life is better for it!

tvbox said:
I those lower class gits cheering on some overpaid yobs kick a ball around. :

oh, and of anyone was offended by that, it was to quote someone from a previous thread, in defence of tennis. Quote available on request.

People who misspell miscellaneous.

tvbox said:
oh, and of anyone was offended by that, it was to quote someone from a previous thread, in defence of tennis. Quote available on request.

Ah ok, I thought it was your own opinion! Some carefully applied quotation marks would have helped to avoid doubt :)

Sanders79 said:
Ah ok, I thought it was your own opinion! Some carefully applied quotation marks would have helped to avoid doubt :)

Well, it was both a quote and my opinion as I seconded it :). Otherwise I wouldn't have said it in the first place if it wasn't my opinion!!!

:hiya:

"Celebs" who resolutely wear darkened glasses / sunglasses when interviewed, even when done in a studio.

The news coverage on people who win big on the lotto or euromillions. The way they dumb down to the public on what they can now afford.

"They can now afford 12 Wayne Rooneys or 40 ferarris or 1200 Man utd season tickets etc.."

'Microfibre' teatowels. They just move the water from one place to another, without ever showing any sign of drying whatever surface it is that you require to be dried...Absolute crap

The news coverage on people who win big on the lotto or euromillions. The way they dumb down to the public on what they can now afford.

"They can now afford 12 Wayne Rooneys or 40 ferarris or 1200 Man utd season tickets etc.."

Yeah it's mega-tedious. And they always make a big thing about whether or not they like champagne.

"When asked if he would be celebrating with a glass of fizz, he said he would probably be having nice cup of tea. IMAGINE THAT!!!! OMG!!!! HE DOESN'T REALLY LIKE CHAMPAGNE, READERS, AND YET HE'S MEGA RICH!!!!!"

If I won I wouldn't go public, but if I did, when they asked me what I would do I would say I would use my new unimaginable fortune to subtly make life a misery to anyone that had caused me grief in the past. People in shops. Bad teachers. Annoying managers and colleagues. Bullys at school. Then I would do a sinister smile straight to camera.

I see the news is straight back into full blown doom and gloom mode now :mad:

Flys.

Why do they always manage to land on your face?

Why can they not fly out the same window they just came through even though its wide open?

Last edited:
Flys.

Why do they always manage to land on your face?

Why can they not fly out the same window they just came through even though its wide open?

Scumbag fly

W5FjF.jpg

"expect the unexpected" argh!

I heard as part of the olympics commentary "prepare to be surprised" - well now I won't be will I?

Fish and chips by the sea, remind me why this is so great again?

Paying twice as much for half the portion size you get anywhere else while pretending that we can tell the difference between fish that's half a day fresher than usual after it's been coated in batter and deep fried in god knows what while we try and simultaneously eat it and stop it blowing away.

I eat from a chippy by the sea all the time.It's cheaper than when i lived in London.Bigger portions,and tastes nicer :thumbsup:

Maybe i just had crappy chip shops near me in London :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom