The irrational and not-so-irrational annoyances thread

Not going to post again, but left eye started itching on Wednesday, now half closed with an internal stye..
Half a bottle of gin and half a packet of paracetamol later, other eye is stye free but half closed as well.😂😂😂

Last edited by a moderator:
This may seem a minor thing but the email that the TV Licensing people send out as a first reminder that it's due always winds me up. They don't do the same as others and send a first reminder a month before and then another, they wait until there's approx 2 weeks to go and send this out

'You've just days left to renew your TV Licence'

The reason I've just days left to renew is because you have only just sent the reminder out. I begrudge funding the BBC in the first place without you sending me this

British Gas Service Contract.
Contract taken out November 2018, technician comes December 2nd. all good a few recommendations as it was a new install by someone else.
Next Service booked for Dec 2019, Couldn't come: We're busy. Moved to March 2020, guarantee we won't cancel. Never turned up or bothered to cancel. OK we get it, COVID happened. Finally, we get a service booked for 2nd December 2020, now cancelled. We can book a new service for May next year. So that will be nearly 2 and a half years after our initial service. The annoyance ? BG maths states that we will have only missed one service. So we get a £65 refund..

Fed up with turning on TV to see a screen full of laptop imaged faces with their noses against the camera ,All arguing their point of view is right.
Some times democracy is boring.

Got a pass this morning to play the PS5 while SHMBO is out for a few hours. Internet promptly goes down for most of the town, might be back working by 9pm. I only have one bar of 4G at home so I’m not sure hotspotting to my phone will make the console happy.

Went out for a drive this morning just to give the car an outing and although there was hardly any traffic, it's very frustrating around here these days.

Most roads going out of town are now limited to 50mph and some of those have average speed cameras. This means that quite a few doddering old farts drive at 40 on the roads that are suitable for doing 60 on.

Then to cap it all off I came across that rare occurrence at a mini roundabout where at the head of the three queues there was a woman driving. We then spent what felt like the whole morning waiting for them to receive a written invitation to join the roundabout and then 2 of them panicked and went at the same time :facepalm:

Went out for a drive this morning just to give the car an outing and although there was hardly any traffic, it's very frustrating around here these days.

Most roads going out of town are now limited to 50mph and some of those have average speed cameras. This means that quite a few doddering old farts drive at 40 on the roads that are suitable for doing 60 on.

Then to cap it all off I came across that rare occurrence at a mini roundabout where at the head of the three queues there was a woman driving. We then spent what felt like the whole morning waiting for them to receive a written invitation to join the roundabout and then 2 of them panicked and went at the same time :facepalm:
around here because its rural the roads are suitable for 1 and half cars with verges....some whether very old, old down to young people drive like they are on a race track at times, looking at what happens you get one diving for the verge and the other one comes towards you like you do not exist...One elderly man who we now recognise and see often driving down the middle of the lane like he will drive you off the road...he does and all.:facepalm:

Have you not noticed Golf r's etc, been driven by 190000000yr old people at 0.00000000000000000000000000000001mph yet.

More like the speed of dark than the speed of light.

IBS flare up :(

Currently look 6 months pregnant! Been fine for weeks, but in the last couple of hours, the bloating and gurgling started.

Only thing out of the ordinary i’ve eaten? 2 mini duck spring rolls from the ready meals section at Tesco. Obviously something in them does not agree with me.

Currently look 6 months pregnant! Been fine for weeks, but in the last couple of hours, the bloating and gurgling started.

Only thing out of the ordinary i’ve eaten? 2 mini duck spring rolls from the ready meals section at Tesco. Obviously something in them does not agree with me.
Try a good teaspoon or a little more(suggestion is two) if you are brave of quality soda biocarbonate...ok just makes sure you have a loo to yourself......works for some...
Very difficult to say the reason except the digestion is very complex and in some the slightest change can cause havoc...almost classed as one of the most complex organs and so little is known really about bloating...IBS is all they say as a get out answer...stomach happy person happy they say...I believe that to be correct and have no medical qualifications only life experiences.

Last edited:

i had it real bad about 1 month ago, one of the worst bouts pain I've had for ages...

i was having 2 slices of the thick lidl malted bloomer for breakfast daily (toasted with butter and jam on)...lovely bread, but then stopped eating bread (tho, having pizza's still) and i feel fine now, and the pain went away over night, so, not sure if i have a gluten intolerance, but I've been eating bread most of my life :(

I've been a bit bloated for the last few days; discussed with a friend (PT qualifications including diet) turns out having a bagel pretty much every day isn't good for you as they're so stodgy. It turns out there's 45g of carbs in one bagel....

I've been a bit bloated for the last few days; discussed with a friend (PT qualifications including diet) turns out having a bagel pretty much every day isn't good for you as they're so stodgy. It turns out there's 45g of carbs in one bagel....
Its not easy to sort this problem its just learning to know what seems to upset you....not always the food you ate the day before either, My other half has had bowel cancer but through polyps which are so common therefore you need to get checked from at least 50 yearly..like Chris Evans pubicially advertises the need to have this procedure done....luckily he had laser treatment and that solved them little creatures from spreading elsewhere....only he has to have a fairly plain diet since and always be near a loo because any treatments have side effects...Just a good reminder to have a test down under....

Bagels are made with very refined flour, next to no fibre.

true but no necessarily a fibre issue
Take my Sister...she had such bad acid over years that she had her stomach moved upwards in an operation that was actually horrid but then over months of healing helped her to eat normal again...no alcohol though...

Dopey girl that works in the nursing home across the road from me. She's got a Barry-boyed Honda Civic Type S (like the Type R, but with a shit engine). It's got 'Locally Hated' across the top of the windscreen and about 3 weeks ago, it had 'Sexy as Fu*k' across the back window, but someone probably pointed out that this isn't the most appropriate thing to park in a nursing home car park :laugh:

Anyway, the build up aside, she's got a really loud exhaust on her car which is fine imo. But she can't park for shit. So I've just sat here for 10 minutes listening to her car rev up while she farts around, parallel parking her car.

Why she can't reverse into a bay in 10 seconds and be done with it, I've no idea.

Dopey girl that works in the nursing home across the road from me. She's got a Barry-boyed Honda Civic Type S (like the Type R, but with a sh*t engine). It's got 'Locally Hated' across the top of the windscreen and about 3 weeks ago, it had 'Sexy as Fu*k' across the back window, but someone probably pointed out that this isn't the most appropriate thing to park in a nursing home car park :laugh:

Anyway, the build up aside, she's got a really loud exhaust on her car which is fine imo. But she can't park for sh*t. So I've just sat here for 10 minutes listening to her car rev up while she farts around, parallel parking her car.

Why she can't reverse into a bay in 10 seconds and be done with it, I've no idea.

I thought you were in Dorset rather than Essex... or did she move there from Essex? :D

Dopey girl that works in the nursing home across the road from me. She's got a Barry-boyed Honda Civic Type S (like the Type R, but with a sh*t engine). It's got 'Locally Hated' across the top of the windscreen and about 3 weeks ago, it had 'Sexy as Fu*k' across the back window, but someone probably pointed out that this isn't the most appropriate thing to park in a nursing home car park :laugh:

Anyway, the build up aside, she's got a really loud exhaust on her car which is fine imo. But she can't park for sh*t. So I've just sat here for 10 minutes listening to her car rev up while she farts around, parallel parking her car.

We have many condom machines around the villages...When over at a place Called Chef Boutonne for our yearly visit to the dentist, we wandered around the shops as we were early..stopped by a shop to 'shop window' and there beside was a condom machine and the title at the top was Love Sex in large letters....o_O

The clock on my work computer is 10 whole minutes fast, which has made my morning interesting!

I've got no idea why. I've checked all my settings, everything is as it should be. The Windows help I've found thus far has of course been as useful as a handbrake on a canoe.

Stumped.

The clock on my work computer is 10 whole minutes fast, which has made my morning interesting!

I've got no idea why. I've checked all my settings, everything is as it should be. The Windows help I've found thus far has of course been as useful as a handbrake on a canoe.

Stumped.
Mine was an hour slow the other week; no logical reason for it, and not the one hour back either. Was mighty weird. Turned it off and on again, and - hey presto! - it was fine.

But I was still late to three meetings.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom