The irrational and not-so-irrational annoyances thread

The fact 3 pieces of a 100g bar of Milkybar is a portion! Seriously, I've had 3 goes at the bar and still have 3 pieces left. Haven't touched the twin twix I have as apparently 1 stick is a portion...

Trying to be good and limit my sugar intake but it's hard work!

The fact 3 pieces of a 100g bar of Milkybar is a portion! Seriously, I've had 3 goes at the bar and still have 3 pieces left. Haven't touched the twin twix I have as apparently 1 stick is a portion...

Trying to be good and limit my sugar intake but it's hard work!
pah, last night I had a family-sized back of Poppables....a Picnic, Snickers and a Twirl....woke up this morning and still 10.3......quitish day today with fish and chip tea.....all good

Maybe ill be 10.4 tomorrow

pah, last night I had a family-sized back of Poppables....a Picnic, Snickers and a Twirl....woke up this morning and still 10.3......quitish day today with fish and chip tea.....all good

Maybe ill be 10.4 tomorrow

Just trying to stick to the weekend and having some self control which I struggle with. I'm weight training more than ever and actually gaining strength nicely so my weight is creeping up. Was 12st8lb today and that's while losing fat as well.

If I could though I'd eat all the sweeties! :D

Last edited:
you're young, enjoy it as you're not overweight...

I'm a lean 15 stone.. :) don't eat much sweet stuff these tho, but i do have a sweet tooth, but have more will power.. :D

My local bank that used to allow three customers at a time and now it’s just ONE! Why?

Will that include any appointments with advisors (if they are allowed)?

you're young, enjoy it as you're not overweight...

I'm a lean 15 stone.. :) don't eat much sweet stuff these tho, but i do have a sweet tooth, but have more will power.. :D
Curly Wurly, Snickers and a Lion Bar were tonight’s snacks.
They were great

Bloody Jack Russel dogs, next doors especially. My gosh, they yap with a stupid high pitched little bark. Really annoying as it is when working from home as they drone out the background noise of the Lions and Elephants which I much prefer.

But yesterday they took it to another level. They learned to climb the fence and came into our garden. My wife and youngest were out, I was at the waste disposal centre and my eldest in the garden with our dog. All of a sudden it came in, started collecting our dogs' toys. And causing havoc. Luckily I came back just after that moment. Managed to get it to follow me out of our garden with a fake duck as you do and shouted at the neighbours to come to get their dog. Anyway, I managed to walk out of our driveway along the road and up their driveway before they managed to get out of their door. And handed him over.

My neighbour didn't appreciate me quacking the duck, as it made his little yapper go wild and scratched his arms. Oops. And yes childishly I quacked again on my way out of their drive.

So I looked at where he came trough, and I watched him climb the fence. Useful but after establishing that the neighbour still didn't control his dogs. And it ran to another section and came through there, then ran across our lawn, into the house and grabbed more toys out of our dogs' bed. I may have exclaimed rather loud; Oi, come here you little shit, they should keep you on a lead :D But managed to grab it, off to deliver it again. This time accompanied by a stern message to please keep it under control.

Anyway, 15 minutes later my daughters shouted Dad...And there it was, with both toys in his mouth, trying to get them back through the fence. I grabbed the little shit by its neck and was ready to throw it over the fence, but I can't hurt and animal. The owner should look after them.

So the neighbour was in his plumbing work outfit but fair enough at least this time on top of our drive. But then had the cheek to say that I'm not helping to fix his fence. I was like excuse me? How did this become my fault; you need to control your dogs, and it is your fence. But the fence isn't the issue, they are climbing the fence, and you need to control your dogs.

Reminded me of that chavvy mum on the beach whose toddler is steeling toys, she is not looking after her own child but somehow it is your fault.

Flipping idiots everywhere. Normally I don't mind as our houses are far enough apart, but he better control and train his dogs, as otherwise, I'll do it for him. And send him an invoice for doggy care :)

Bloody Jack Russel dogs, next doors especially. My gosh, they yap with a stupid high pitched little bark. Really annoying as it is when working from home as they drone out the background noise of the Lions and Elephants which I much prefer.

But yesterday they took it to another level. They learned to climb the fence and came into our garden. My wife and youngest were out, I was at the waste disposal centre and my eldest in the garden with our dog. All of a sudden it came in, started collecting our dogs' toys. And causing havoc. Luckily I came back just after that moment. Managed to get it to follow me out of our garden with a fake duck as you do and shouted at the neighbours to come to get their dog. Anyway, I managed to walk out of our driveway along the road and up their driveway before they managed to get out of their door. And handed him over.

My neighbour didn't appreciate me quacking the duck, as it made his little yapper go wild and scratched his arms. Oops. And yes childishly I quacked again on my way out of their drive.

So I looked at where he came trough, and I watched him climb the fence. Useful but after establishing that the neighbour still didn't control his dogs. And it ran to another section and came through there, then ran across our lawn, into the house and grabbed more toys out of our dogs' bed. I may have exclaimed rather loud; Oi, come here you little sh*t, they should keep you on a lead :D But managed to grab it, off to deliver it again. This time accompanied by a stern message to please keep it under control.

Anyway, 15 minutes later my daughters shouted Dad...And there it was, with both toys in his mouth, trying to get them back through the fence. I grabbed the little sh*t by its neck and was ready to throw it over the fence, but I can't hurt and animal. The owner should look after them.

So the neighbour was in his plumbing work outfit but fair enough at least this time on top of our drive. But then had the cheek to say that I'm not helping to fix his fence. I was like excuse me? How did this become my fault; you need to control your dogs, and it is your fence. But the fence isn't the issue, they are climbing the fence, and you need to control your dogs.

Reminded me of that chavvy mum on the beach whose toddler is steeling toys, she is not looking after her own child but somehow it is your fault.

Flipping idiots everywhere. Normally I don't mind as our houses are far enough apart, but he better control and train his dogs, as otherwise, I'll do it for him. And send him an invoice for doggy care :)

We had a few JR when I was growing up. Whilst they seemed to be trained okay by my parents, on reflection, it's only because they lived in the middle of nowhere with loads of land that it seemed that way. Years later when I got a German Shepherd and actually spent time training him it dawned on me that my childhood dogs were nothing but feral little sods :rotfl:

To my own annoyance, I had to pick up two cat shits on my front lawn yesterday. I'm fairly confident about which house they came from, as I've seen a black and white cat hanging around the lawn on a few occasions. I'm not yet at the point where I take the bags of shit back to the owner, but give it enough time and I'm sure I will :laugh:

I bought some (pet friendly) spikes to go on top of my rear fence to keep them off the new lawn, but because I think they're a bit of an eyesore, I didn't screw them to the entire length of the fence, just at either end to stop the cat using the fence as a path home (it lives in a house whose garden backs onto mine). I have about a metre of the spikes, but this doesn't stop the cat walking along and jumping back to his own garden, I need to extend them really (job for today maybe).

My wife reckons this is the cat that's making it over my spikes:

1596352602298.png

Over the years I have got so weary of listening to US based CxO's, EVPs, SVPs etc., delivering keynote addresses and rah-rah speeches in which they are all 'excited to have the opportunity...' - get over it - you're not.

Over the years I have got so weary of listening to US based CxO's, EVPs, SVPs etc., delivering keynote addresses and rah-rah speeches in which they are all 'excited to have the opportunity...' - get over it - you're not.
I just had a quote for a new gas boiler that started with
"We are excited about the possibility of working with you."

There is a new girl in my office in work, temporary for now, covering maternity staff.

Every

Damn

Thing

...about her annoys me.

It's not that she's not a nice person, she's fine although a bit of a man hater, obviously had a bad experience with her ex so tends towards mysandry on occasion.

She wears massive wedge sandals, hail rain or shine, which she can't walk in properly. Which means that she shuffles around the floor like a kid walking in her mother's shoes.

She has a screechy high pitched voice that goes through your head, and has volume issues.

And then there's the laugh... Oh my God the laugh... Imagine the most high pitched, obnoxious, donkey laugh you've ever heard. The kind of thing you'd see in a spoof character in a comedy film. Then multiply that by 5 and you're close to what I endure on a daily basis.

I have to control the physical flinch that usually results from a bout of laughing.

There is a new girl in my office in work, temporary for now, covering maternity staff.

Every

Damn

Thing

...about her annoys me.

It's not that she's not a nice person, she's fine although a bit of a man hater, obviously had a bad experience with her ex so tends towards mysandry on occasion.

She wears massive wedge sandals, hail rain or shine, which she can't walk in properly. Which means that she shuffles around the floor like a kid walking in her mother's shoes.

She has a screechy high pitched voice that goes through your head, and has volume issues.

And then there's the laugh... Oh my God the laugh... Imagine the most high pitched, obnoxious, donkey laugh you've ever heard. The kind of thing you'd see in a spoof character in a comedy film. Then multiply that by 5 and you're close to what I endure on a daily basis.

I have to control the physical flinch that usually results from a bout of laughing.

We have a woman in the office that has a laugh like that woman from Friends, can't remember her name, but if you've watched Friends, you probably know it.

Every

Damn

Thing

...about her annoys me.

If you're a doctor can't you get of something to slip in her drink or stab her in the buttock with a needle?

That’s the one.

We have a woman in the office that has a laugh like that woman from Friends, can't remember her name, but if you've watched Friends, you probably know it.
Janice from Friends...

This girl starts with the Janice cackle, then ends with that staggered sharp intake of breath that sounds like a donkey having a seizure.

that would do my head in... bad enough having women (normally petite ones for some reason) who stomp around like they weigh 2 tonnes...

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom