The irrational and not-so-irrational annoyances thread

Lately I've seen some new Audi's on the road. E-Tron ones with what I can only descibe as Shreks ears as mirrors !
These are now cameras that act as the wings mirrors, then display the image on wing mirror shaped panels at the top of the door. You know, like just below where you look at the actual mirror if it had them !
Surly this is a solution to a problem that we never had ? Cant get my head around it ????
A gadget sure, but the wings mirrors on cars are very much in line with the whole look of the car.
These cars look like they are missing something. Not for me thanks :smashin::)

Lately I've seen some new Audi's on the road. E-Tron ones with what I can only descibe as Shreks ears as mirrors !
These are now cameras that act as the wings mirrors, then display the image on wing mirror shaped panels at the top of the door. You know, like just below where you look at the actual mirror if it had them !
Surly this is a solution to a problem that we never had ? Cant get my head around it ????
A gadget sure, but the wings mirrors on cars are very much in line with the whole look of the car.
It’s all about aerodynamics but agree it’s a problem that didn’t need fixing.

Citroen did this years ago on a custom DS3 as a concept. It's aerodynamics and fuel efficiency for electric cars mostly.

It’s all about aerodynamics but agree it’s a problem that didn’t need fixing.
Citroen did this years ago on a custom DS3 as a concept. It's aerodynamics and fuel efficiency for electric cars mostly.
Good point.
Well I was sure there would be a reason, just not for me. For the tiny amount of increased efficiency, I'd sooner just have proper sized mirrors and not little storks. :smashin: :)

Good point.
Well I was sure there would be a reason, just not for me. For the tiny amount of increased efficiency, I'd sooner just have proper sized mirrors and not little storks. :smashin: :)
In electric cars, it will likely give at least 300 metres more charge range. That's important. And worth the probably 2k upgrade cost. For sure.

In reality, cost aside, the sticks need not be this big anyway, given that the CMOS/CCD sensor is tiny as hell. It could easily be 95% smaller I reckon, but it's probably a phased introduction so people don't freak out 🤣

Wanting to buy some sunglasses for road riding and nowhere seems to show any pictures of them being worn. I have no idea how big they are and the sizes vary hugely.

Wanting to buy some sunglasses for road riding and nowhere seems to show any pictures of them being worn. I have no idea how big they are and the sizes vary hugely.

Giant-Sunglasses-Images.jpg

Popped to the shops the other day and when going into Iceland as usual, was waiting for a member of staff to allow us in one at a time (for social distancing)

A member of staff shouted from across the store, "do what you like now...it's a free for all"

Brilliant

Watching my neighbour on my CCTV, wheel my recycling bin up his drive. Idiot. Clue's in the big house number sticker on the front.

I've had the same recently. On my food caddy, I had house numbers that practically filled the front side of the bin. Fudging huge white numbers they were. Did this stop some dimlow wandering off with my bin though? Of course not :facepalm:

I thought, 'It's okay. Whoever it was will realise their mistake and just put my bin out next week so that the rightful owner can collect it'

Nope, whichever arsehole (he/ she upgraded themselves from 'dimlow' in the past week) took my bin has since peeled off my numbers, as all the bins last week didn't have them. FML, why? :mad:

I've had the same recently. On my food caddy, I had house numbers that practically filled the front side of the bin. Fudging huge white numbers they were. Did this stop some dimlow wandering off with my bin though? Of course not :facepalm:

I thought, 'It's okay. Whoever it was will realise their mistake and just put my bin out next week so that the rightful owner can collect it'

Nope, whichever arsehole (he/ she upgraded themselves from 'dimlow' in the past week) took my bin has since peeled off my numbers, as all the bins last week didn't have them. FML, why? :mad:
I also caught my neighbour on CCTV returning my bin after he’d realised his mistake. He also carried the wheelie bin. Idiot. Clue’s in the name of the bin. :laugh:

I also caught my neighbour on CCTV returning my bin after he’d realised his mistake. He also carried the wheelie bin. Idiot. Clue’s in the name of the bin. :laugh:

'Darling, how are you going to return his bin without him knowing? They make such a racket when you wheel them!'

1593501474413.png

There was an ambulance outside the neighbour's house this morning. I had everything crossed for him but to my annoyance he hadn't died and they were attending to another person over the road. I hope they're okay.

Necro-bumping obituary threads is confusing my old brain.

I don’t go into obituaries forum that often but I do regularly scan the forum lists so I see the latest posts.

And I keep having a “OMG David Bowie has died” moment and it takes me a few moments to twig “hang on, didn’t he die four years ago”.

D70A4C9D-7EE6-4EEF-B026-8094CC664EBD.jpeg

Cheers,

Nigel

Last edited:

Send me £5000 pounds and I’ll send the bin back. £10000 and I’ll keep it. For anonymity I have disguised myself as Ted Rogers. :laugh:

10096E3F-76DE-47B1-8EA2-473817783E93.jpeg

No idea who that is but the bin looks funny
boomers......

I actually had a dusty bin when I was a kid.....my dad worked in retail and had some sort of promotion at his shop....Ill have to see if I can find an old picture of it somewhere

Generally the demographic that complain about 'Millennials' are Boomers

1593514757411.png

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom