The irrational and not-so-irrational annoyances thread

a total lockdown and being paid to drink beer and indulge in my love of cinema for 12 weeks.
giphy.gif

Tbh, it's not all its cracked up to be. My arse is starting to get sore with all this sitting about (stop laughing at the back!)

Is that the seal of approval?

I have an irrational like for the new Defender. My current PCP deal runs out next year, so I have a year to talk myself out of it.

It's a hard life :D

I have an irrational like for the new Defender. My current PCP deal runs out next year, so I have a year to talk myself out of it.

I've just watched a YouTube review of it, it's actually more of a Discovery 4 replacement rather than the old defender, I want one though but never going to happen unfortunately.

I want one of these far more than I'd want a current Disco, that's for sure.

I'd even be really happy with the basic steel rims.

a trend on youtube video comments for people to announce that they're the first to comment... wait, what?!?

a trend on youtube video comments for people to announce that they're the first to comment... wait, what?!?

That dumbassery has been on the internet ever since comments were invented.

Another one is "In before lock", for people posting on threads they know are going to get locked by moderators.

Our lot are spending about three hours a day on the trampoline in the sunshine - was expensive but its paying dividends right now.

As well as a few of my dimlow neighbours still having visitors (yes, really - one visitor was an elderly gent, who'd popped round to help his SIL build a trampoline FML), one of them decided that parking in front of both of my cars blocking both of them in at the same time would be a good idea (I guess the 2 parking spaces she drove past to block me in were too far to walk to their mates house?).

Now, this isn't normally a big problem and being blocked in wouldn't be a problem most of the time...except for yesterday when my alerter started beeping and I had to get to the fire station. The woman sat on her phone in the driver seat looked most put out as I ran to my car gesticulating and shouting at her to 'MOVE YOUR CAR NOW!'.

Fudgewits.

I've ordered some signs to put in the windscreen of both of our cars to try and stop this happening again.

People 'nipping out for a quick drive/ ride'. Yes, I'm sure the clear roads are very enjoyable, but we are on lockdown.

I don't use facebook very often, but looking at Dorset Police's page (they are pulling people driving around), there were a number of people commenting that riding their motorbike or driving their car is 'self-isolating', which as a standalone statement is completely true of course...

It was then pointed out from a few sensible people that being in isolation or not is not the problem.

The problem with going for a jolly is that if you crash your vehicle and are hurt, you use up valuable emergency service resources. You then get treated by the NHS and possibly taken to hospital - This is what the problem is.

Of course, if you break down or need to buy fuel unnecessarily, you're not helping anyone.

Edit: I'd like to add that right now, I'd love to go out for a blast on my bike, but the only action it's got over the past week (damn you sunny weather) is a wash and then put back away :()

save lives.jpg

People becoming snippy on Facebook, it's even occuring on here. Some seriously passive aggressive angry people online.
Just chill.
Every overweight unfit bloke who's never had a fight in his life suddenly becomes rocky Balboa online.
It's hilarious.😂😂😂

Due a delivery today and DPD give me a 1 hour delivery slot of 06.00 - 22.00

People becoming snippy on Facebook, it's even occuring on here. Some seriously passive aggressive angry people online.
Just chill.
Every overweight unfit bloke who's never had a fight in his life suddenly becomes rocky Balboa online.
It's hilarious.😂😂😂

I can't say I've noticed, there's always been snippy people online afaik. I've even shown my bad side here occasionally, it happens I guess :blush:

On a scale of 10 being very happy and 1 being sad, I don't believe that most people live day-to-day at one end of the scale or the other. I think most of us float along the middle ground somewhere, with peaks & troughs now and then :)

(I know you didn't need my amateur psychoanalysis, but tough :laugh:)

Edit: annoyance; having to check the spelling of 'psycho' each and every time I write it. My brain can never remember this word for some reason!

People 'nipping out for a quick drive/ ride'. Yes, I'm sure the clear roads are very enjoyable, but we are on lockdown.

I don't use facebook very often, but looking at Dorset Police's page (they are pulling people driving around), there were a number of people commenting that riding their motorbike or driving their car is 'self-isolating', which as a standalone statement is completely true of course...

It was then pointed out from a few sensible people that being in isolation or not is not the problem.

The problem with going for a jolly is that if you crash your vehicle and are hurt, you use up valuable emergency service resources. You then get treated by the NHS and possibly taken to hospital - This is what the problem is.

Of course, if you break down or need to buy fuel unnecessarily, you're not helping anyone.

Edit: I'd like to add that right now, I'd love to go out for a blast on my bike, but the only action it's got over the past week (damn you sunny weather) is a wash and then put back away :()

View attachment 1274327

I'd love to go out driving to practice my reversing but I'm taking my aggression out on the conifers instead :eek:

Just chill.
It's hilarious.😂😂😂

What did you just say to me? You want a tussle!?

images.jpeg-1.jpg

*Had a few but this one just made me laugh :blush:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom