The irrational and not-so-irrational annoyances thread

anyway, sent them a drunken rant so it's not an option now, or ever.. :D

? not sure what you mean?

least I never called her a slut...don't think so anyway :D

this bastard happens every week..

1581722845584.png

Every. fudgeing. Time.

Park about as far away from ASDAs door as humanly possible, in the pissing down rain, in what is an essentially empty car park and some fudgeer in a Meriva/C-Max parks right beside me :mad:

Edit: And another annoyance, Why does it take the whole family to go get groceries, it's like it's some sort of day trip for them.

There, I feel better now :smashin:

Why does it take the whole family to go get groceries
Because they've arranged an extended family get together around the "reduced" section. Where they loiter like vultures in anticipation of a trolley full of short date "value" ready meals & squashed cream cakes.

Every. fudgeing. Time.

Park about as far away from ASDAs door as humanly possible, in the pissing down rain, in what is an essentially empty car park and some fudgeer in a Meriva/C-Max parks right beside me :mad:

Edit: And another annoyance, Why does it take the whole family to go get groceries, it's like it's some sort of day trip for them.

Had this the other day in a Tesco, I only went in for a quick meal deal on the run, parked all my own away from the door. Got back in car to eat and a car pulled in right next to me, passenger woman opens door straight onto my car. I went absolutely bat *-*- :mad::mad: Driver was stunned at my reaction, and even started back at me as if it was in someway my fault ....

Every. fudgeing. Time.

Had this the other day in a Tesco, I only went in for a quick meal deal on the run, parked all my own away from the door. Got back in car to eat and a car pulled in right next to me, passenger woman opens door straight onto my car. I went absolutely bat *-*- :mad::mad: Driver was stunned at my reaction, and even started back at me as if it was in someway my fault ....

I personally think that people that behave this way towards other peoples' cars do it simply out of jealousy. I don't give a shit if I'm parked next to an Aston Martin or a 20 year old Nissan Micra, I always take care opening my door (even wrapping my fingers around my door, just in case I do make contact).

That being said, I do remember shortly after my wife gave birth and was still in her 'Post-Baby-Mental as-you-like' phase when she went to the local shopping centre. She proudly parked in the mother & baby parking for the first time, got our daughter out of the back seat in her carrier and went shopping.
On her return, she found that not only did the car parked in the mother & baby space next to her not have a child seat in the car (might have been an Audi TT iirc), but it had parked so close that it's wheels were in the same bay as our car! I'd like to say that my wife did the right thing and went round the other side of our car, struggled like fudge to put our newborn daughter into the car seat mount and then drive away calmly, but that didn't happen. What did happen is that my wife forcefully opened her door straight into the car. When she saw my face - this one -> :eek:, she then calmly smiled :) and repeated the action about 3 times. I can't say I was overly impressed, but as she was being completely batshit crazy, I thought it best to just smile back and get in the car...I've never ever seen her do this since, but on reflection, I'm not sure that I blame her tbh.

I personally think that people that behave this way towards other peoples' cars do it simply out of jealousy. I don't give a sh*t if I'm parked next to an Aston Martin or a 20 year old Nissan Micra, I always take care opening my door (even wrapping my fingers around my door, just in case I do make contact).

That being said, I do remember shortly after my wife gave birth and was still in her 'Post-Baby-Mental as-you-like' phase when she went to the local shopping centre. She proudly parked in the mother & baby parking for the first time, got our daughter out of the back seat in her carrier and went shopping.
On her return, she found that not only did the car parked in the mother & baby space next to her not have a child seat in the car (might have been an Audi TT iirc), but it had parked so close that it's wheels were in the same bay as our car! I'd like to say that my wife did the right thing and went round the other side of our car, struggled like fudge to put our newborn daughter into the car seat mount and then drive away calmly, but that didn't happen. What did happen is that my wife forcefully opened her door straight into the car. When she saw my face - this one -> :eek:, she then calmly smiled :) and repeated the action about 3 times. I can't say I was overly impressed, but as she was being completely batsh*t crazy, I thought it best to just smile back and get in the car...I've never ever seen her do this since, but on reflection, I'm not sure that I blame her tbh.
My car don't get parked outside my house, we have a sort of car park here and its quite tight, neighbours with kids always open doors onto our cars. My car is company lease so little dinks are a real issue for me. Also I realy dont want to have to head butt the guy next door, may make me dizzy :(

My car don't get parked outside my house, we have a sort of car park here and its quite tight, neighbours with kids always open doors onto our cars. My car is company lease so little dinks are a real issue for me. Also I realy dont want to have to head butt the guy next door, may make me dizzy :(

Almost the same scenario for me. In our car park, we own our 2 spaces (which are numbered and doesn't always stop muppets parking in our space - different annoyance in itself), but next to our spaces are 2 more spaces that anyone can park in. Currently we park my company car (Audi A3) in bay 1 and my wife's 15 year old Micra in bay 2. The reasoning (which was the wife's idea) was that if one of the Trunchbull's kids a few houses away from us smashes their people carrier door into ours, it'll be the Micra that takes the damage.
Which is a fine idea for now, except that my wife is getting a new Nissan Leaf at the end of March. Guess where my 3 year old Audi will get moved to...

Almost the same scenario for me. In our car park, we own our 2 spaces (which are numbered and doesn't always stop muppets parking in our space - different annoyance in itself), but next to our spaces are 2 more spaces that anyone can park in. Currently we park my company car (Audi A3) in bay 1 and my wife's 15 year old Micra in bay 2. The reasoning (which was the wife's idea) was that if one of the Trunchbull's kids a few houses away from us smashes their people carrier door into ours, it'll be the Micra that takes the damage.
Which is a fine idea for now, except that my wife is getting a new Nissan Leaf at the end of March. Guess where my 3 year old Audi will get moved to...
Nah I'd still stick the Leaf there :laugh::laugh: sorry hope she likes it :)

Got a notification letter of a rent increase and as I get housing benefit it is necessary to inform the council. SO think I'll get onto that right away as it will be a doddle.
Stupid me.
Even though I am registered with the council and logged in it was still necessary to fill out all my details except that the council has altered the way in numbers flats in a block. I stay in number 3 of 6 but now we have 1F1 and 1F2 next floor is 1F1 and 2F2 so which am I 2F1 or 2F2, I have no idea.
Carried on with the form which asked me if my financial circumstances had changed, what about people living in the flat? And that was pretty much it, no further questions, so it looks like I will have to endure one of the worst automatic phone systems known to man before I eventually get to a human.

Every other page on the councils website tells me that I can pretty much do everything on line except you rarely can.

All ways to cut costs.

So how did this end? Did she cause any damage and took responsibility? I came back to my car once to find a massive dent on the door crease, and it ended costing me £200 to fix.

So how did this end? Did she cause any damage and took responsibility? I came back to my car once to find a massive dent on the door crease, and it ended costing me £200 to fix.
Luckily it polished out, took the insurance details none the less. Absolute idiots really and thought they did nothing wrong

Luckily it polished out, took the insurance details none the less. Absolute idiots really and thought they did nothing wrong

Some people love cars and they are probably the most single expensive item they'll buy in their lives after a house. They cherish their cars.

Other people see them as simply a tool to move themselves and their family from A to B.

Maybe car parks should be segregated, with type A people all parking carefully together and type B people all smacking their people carriers off one another :laugh:

My car is a tool that gets used and looked after.

My car is a tool that gets used and looked after and yet is completely ungrateful.

Yet another letter delivered to our house by mistake - right number, wrong street. (Royal Mail)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom