The irrational and not-so-irrational annoyances thread

Waiting for kids to eat their dinner. It’s soul destroying.

You salivating looking at the desert waiting for them to stab and eat every baked bean individually?

My irrational annoyance is when you’re in the car and you look in the rear view mirror at the driver behind you and they can’t see over the steering wheel and have to peer through it.

I know it’s not their fault for being so small but for some reason it really winds me up. I tend to think they should either grow a bit or leave driving to bigger people. There should be a minimum height requirement for a driving licence lol.

Yep but in this case sweetcorn. And it’s one piece, much talking, one more piece, much talking...
Been there

Reminds me of this battle of wills from a few years ago.
I won :D...or did I? 🤔

DSC_0002.JPG

Last edited:
The dead animal masquerading as hair on Gene Simmons’ head.

Broken glass all over the end of our drive. Idiot bin men strike again.

I rang the council and complained. "We'll send a cleaning team out". No sign of any cleaning team. I was out yesterday for 30 minutes in the rain picking up bits of glass. I was out three times this morning. You think you're done then you see some more.

Oh, and they smashed our little green box as well. When they threw it on the driveway.

Bastards!

Checking the funny photos thread less than an hour after all reiterations posts were edited. Now I'll never know.

Broken glass all over the end of our drive. Idiot bin men strike again.

I rang the council and complained. "We'll send a cleaning team out". No sign of any cleaning team. I was out yesterday for 30 minutes in the rain picking up bits of glass. I was out three times this morning. You think you're done then you see some more.

Oh, and they smashed our little green box as well. When they threw it on the driveway.

Bastards!
Must be same as our binmen. They refused to take the glass caddy because it wasn't inside the recycling bin (which was full). This is despite then having to take it out of the bin to empty the glass out anyway

We in my area have pretty much given up on putting out glass for recycling as the bins were regularly ignored, our council (Edinburgh) has a web page where you can report what they laughingly call a missed bin, I discovered that this page was not monitored. Even putting in an official complain got nowhere.

Ref flooding in Derbyshire/ S. Yorks; Listening to some old boy on the news yesterday, telling the reporter that he won't evacuate. I just hope the stubborn fool is able to be rescued by the men and women that will put their own lives at risk for him, should the worst happen.

I understand that he may lose lots of material possessions, but he can't risk his own life or ask emergency service workers to risk theirs for the sake of belongings imo.

Ref flooding in Derbyshire/ S. Yorks; Listening to some old boy on the news yesterday, telling the reporter that he won't evacuate. I just hope the stubborn fool is able to be rescued by the men and women that will put their own lives at risk for him, should the worst happen.

I understand that he may lose lots of material possessions, but he can't risk his own life or ask emergency service workers to risk theirs for the sake of belongings imo.
Got a link to the story as it would interesting to see exactly what sort of danger he is actually in.

Foolish man that I am to think I could trust the chemist to give me the correct form of my medication. As I cannot swallow much all pills need to be either crushable or soluble but alas they have given me capsules.
My local chemist/pharmacy where I have collected my repeatable prescription for the past decade was a friendly place where the staff pretty much knew everyone. Then 'Well Pharmacy' took over and all the old staff were let go and now you are lucky to see the same staff including the pharmacist twice. It is necessary to order your repeat medication at least 10 days before you need it as they seem to order everything. If you are given a prescription by your GP that day for some ailment then it is better to go elsewhere.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom