The irrational and not-so-irrational annoyances thread

We have a no cold callers poster in our window that politely informs them that a miserable old git lives here :)
I go to the door carrying the baby saying "sorry, just need to change her nappy". Works every time.

What is it with new bloody cars and their headlights? We have a few country roads local with no street lighting leading to the villages, when travelling in the evening you have to use your front fogs in sections although as any considerate driver would do, you soon disable them at the sight of an oncoming motorist. A few times lately I've had oncoming vehicles with lights so bloody bright, I couldn't see anything in front of me and I assumed they hadn't switched off their fogs, I gave them a flash and they flashed back even fudgeing brighter! Always 2018/19 plate vehicles, no doubt using auto headlights although these things are seriously dangerous.. How can this be safe?

It's that time again where you get campaigners knocking your door...

If I had 20 minutes to spend talking about fiction, I wouldn't ignore the Jehovah's witnesses that come knocking our door.

If and when they knock ignoring the plaque on our wall advising we won't talk to them, I'll simply point to the sign and enquire why it was ignored, after whatever excuse I'll tell them that if they cannot follow simple instructions then they won't be getting our vote.

I'm having my bathroom redone and the installer has put all of the old tiles, bath, sink, etc. out in the front of my house for me to take them down to the tip when I get a chance (I'm too tight to pay extra for removal).

I just watched a guy in a white van drive up, walk across my lawn, take a look at my bathroom stuff and then walk back and drive away.

It seems odd because I live at the bottom end of a cul-de-sac so don't get any random people passing by, so he must have known to come down here and take a look.

And no, I wouldn't have paid him to dispose of my rubbish - I really don't want to contribute to fly-tipping.

I'm having my bathroom redone and the installer has put all of the old tiles, bath, sink, etc. out in the front of my house for me to take them down to the tip when I get a chance (I'm too tight to pay extra for removal).

I just watched a guy in a white van drive up, walk across my lawn, take a look at my bathroom stuff and then walk back and drive away.

It seems odd because I live at the bottom end of a cul-de-sac so don't get any random people passing by, so he must have known to come down here and take a look.

And no, I wouldn't have paid him to dispose of my rubbish - I really don't want to contribute to fly-tipping.
Was probably more likely to steal it and use it in a cheap refit!

Does anyone really want a grout and lime encrusted powder blue bathroom set?

He was more than likely after the radiator for scrap value. Got scared off when he saw I was in the lounge looking at him. He'll probably come back after dark.

What is it with new bloody cars and their headlights? We have a few country roads local with no street lighting leading to the villages, when travelling in the evening you have to use your front fogs in sections although as any considerate driver would do, you soon disable them at the sight of an oncoming motorist. A few times lately I've had oncoming vehicles with lights so bloody bright, I couldn't see anything in front of me and I assumed they hadn't switched off their fogs, I gave them a flash and they flashed back even fudgeing brighter! Always 2018/19 plate vehicles, no doubt using auto headlights although these things are seriously dangerous.. How can this be safe?

Why do you have to use your fog lights if there's no fog? Full beam and dipped beam is all that's required.

Daytime running lights left on maybe? Those things are properly bright (and have no beam pattern), I've had that a few times myself, it's like looking into the sun.

Tried 4 different routes to work this morning.

20191108_065230.jpg

20191108_070221.jpg

20191108_071208.jpg

20191108_073956.jpg

Wasn’t blue suede shoes was it :)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom