The irrational and not-so-irrational annoyances thread

Whack it on some cheese (and the piccalilli :laugh:) in crusty bread, yum.

Not being able to use AVForums without blocking the ads. Yes irrational as I'd like to support the site, but who ever is responsible for integrating those ads makes it impossible.

I just keep on getting...that it used significant energy which it does. The number of connections it makes to render a page is ridiculous. And the page size is ridiculous as well. And don't even get me started on a page that renders with errors and warnings :(

I tried to do the 'proper' thing and once again provide feedback about this in the feedback section. But first I get booted out as it was reloading because the page was using significant energy and resources, then it gets stuck on not all fields being filled in...Aw well back to Brave and blocking those ads and connection.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-03-26 at 14.01.32.png
    Screenshot 2020-03-26 at 14.01.32.png
    69 KB · Views: 29
  • Screenshot 2020-03-26 at 13.55.28.png
    Screenshot 2020-03-26 at 13.55.28.png
    10.9 KB · Views: 28
And the way the screen jumps up and down annoyingly while the ads load. I'd rather just pay a nominal amount to get rid of them for good. It's not like I'm going to be buying ladies dresses any time soon.

And the way the screen jumps up and down annoyingly while the ads load. I'd rather just pay a nominal amount to get rid of them for good. It's not like I'm going to be buying ladies dresses any time soon.
You can borrow some of mine, just send me your size :laugh:

This, due to my impatience I keep ending up in the wrong thread :thumbsdow

It probably does this to catch accidental clicks onto the ad, when you were trying to select a thread.

Microsoft Azure in the U.K. region is full :( We tried two other European regions and are having the same issue. Bugger.

Customer Service teams, I'm sure they can't be a THICK as they pretend to be, suspect it is standard practice to stop the SLA clock or to avoid doing anything. Two example today that have really got my goat.

DXC:
Work related. Advised this morning that my RSA token will expire in 5 days so I must urgently raise a ticket with IT Support run by DXC. So I do that, writing all the information that they need, including explaining that as we must all work from home it must be sent to my home address which I provided.

Sure enough later in the afternoon, yeas they have pissed away a working day on what I was told was a most urgent matter I get the usual DXC BS. On hold, waiting for customer to confirm whether he is going to come into the office to collect or needs it to be sent home. Total fudgewhits, real bunch of shysters, every fudging time the same fudging approach.

Next:
Early this week, the belt that I bought in January has broken, buckle has come away from the belt. I could probably repair it myself but why should I. So I considered taking it into the store, for replacement, found the receipt but before I could they announced they were closing their high street store (not their fault). So I went online and found the query specifically for things that you bought in-store. This asked for the store, the purchase date, item number etc. which I provided as well as photos of the faulty belt and the receipt. Just got an email back today - in order to proceed we need your customer number. Total fudgewhits, it is there own fudging form for high street purchases, the query clearly stated that I bought in store, their form even had a dedicated field for the store. How the fudge do they expect me to have a customer number. Why the fudge would I have a customer number when shopping on the high street.

Utter shysters - or are the people that they employ really that brainless.

Cheers,

Nigel

My boss is hacking me off. He's the most difficult person in the world to get hold of, or get a straight answer from when I do. I got my objectives set in May (which was the last time I saw him face-to-face). I should have had my annual appraisal in October. Didn't happen. He's cancelled phone calls about it twice.

I've recently had an issue come up which is quite important to me. I've contacted him and discussed on Monday. He promised he'd speak to HR the same day, but didn't until Tuesday. I then managed to catch him yesterday and he told me that he now needs to speak to his boss about the issue and he'll get 'straight back to me'. Didn't happen. I rang him today, he responds by text to tell me he's busy. I reply, asking if he spoke to his boss. He told me 'yes, but I'm on a call right now, I'll ring you as soon as I'm finished'. That was at 15:00 today. I'm getting a bit frustrated at being in limbo.

I understand what the country is going through, but my situation is to do with my contract of employment, so it's not directly affected by COVID-19 and it is rather important to me. Harrumph.

Having to work as normal while the rest of the country has a state sponsored holiday.*

*Yes, I understand the dire situation and the fact that some people are being financially hit very hard by this, I am sorry if this is one of you. Just having my minor moan as this thread hopefully allows.

Having to work as normal while the rest of the country has a state sponsored holiday.*

*Yes, I understand the dire situation and the fact that some people are being financially hit very hard by this, I am sorry if this is one of you. Just having my minor moan as this thread hopefully allows.

I'm still working hard, but least I'm able to lie down on the sofa whilst accessing my work laptop..

Misread that as anal appraisal :rotfl:

By the end of the opening sentence I really wasn't sure where it was going or if there was safe social distancing.

Can’t get the soap :laugh:

Anal bleaching? :laugh: May need it without loo roll.

I'm still working hard, but least I'm able to lie down on the sofa whilst accessing my work laptop..
I'm having to go in while most of the office staff are now working from home, not that I'd actually really want to do that, I don't like the idea of work polluting/intruding on the sanctity of the home.

Work is dropping off too (as expected) so the days are really starting to drag. Really what I'd like is a more strict definition of what constitutes key work, a total lockdown and being paid to drink beer and indulge in my love of cinema for 12 weeks.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom