Quantcast

The irrational and not-so-irrational annoyances thread

safcalibur

Distinguished Member
This ones affected me as I still think of this incident today even though it happened about 3 years ago.

Was on my way back from local coop one afternoon had my son with me who was about 5 at the time. As we walked home I saw a little toddler probably about 18 months wondering around the street on her own. Luckily we live in a very quiet cul de sac and there were no cars on the road. I quickly ran up to her and moved her to the pavement, the little thing just looked at me bewildered and frightened, still remember the look on her face. I did my best to try and reassure her and comfort her but it’s very hard to do when you’re a complete stranger to this little person who can’t even talk!

I held her hand and looked about hoping that her parent/guardian would be hot on her heels but noone appeared, not a soul in sight apart from me, my son and this little toddler. I had no idea what to do next so started knocking on the doors of the houses from the direction she came. I noticed a car had its boot left open with some grocery shopping in it so I tried that door and a frantic looking lady clearly in distress opened the door, she immediately saw the toddler, started crying picked her up and cuddled her. She told me she was making trips to the car after putting the little inside and didn’t notice her slip out. She was looking for her inside the house and it hadn’t occurred to her that she may be outside.

It was weird as the lady never apologised or said thanks she just mumbled what had happened and shut the door on me, not that I was looking for any gratitude. I was left rather stunned and walked home shell shocked, all sorts of horrible scenarios playing out in my head, all the what ifs and just being thankful that it was me and not some sick opportunist and that the little girl got back home safely.

Having 3 children of my own with my youngest now about 18months old I’m extra vigilant about letting them out of my sight.

Don’t even know why im posting this here, maybe im annoyed at the mother who lost track of her child yet at the same time know how easily it’s done!

ruffage

Distinguished Member
Bloody games publishers and their forced use of launchers:

1581588967264.png

Was only Tuesday I could run Borderlands 3 directly from its icon. Now I have to use the Epic Launcher, just so I see their ads.

Rockstar have gone down the same route recently too. :mad:

deans6571

...apologies if posted elsewhere (can't see a topic on the first page) but those idiots complaining that Joe Public, from the viewing gallery of the Tate Modern, is encroaching into their privacy by overlooking across into their flats across the way, are just that - IDIOTS!!!! :facepalm:

The Tate was there first - why buy a flat knowing how close it is to the viewing gallery?????
o_O:rolleyes:

MrFraggle

Distinguished Member
...apologies if posted elsewhere (can't see a topic on the first page) but those idiots complaining that Joe Public, from the viewing gallery of the Tate Modern, is encroaching into their privacy by overlooking across into their flats across the way, are just that - IDIOTS!!!! :facepalm:

The Tate was there first - why buy a flat knowing how close it is to the viewing gallery?????

You hear the same thing when the luvvies move to the countryside and are surprised and of course offended that the can hear animal noises or cocks crowing.

Last edited:

reiteration

it's like muppets who move next to a pub then complain about the noise...:facepalm:

imightbewrong

Distinguished Member
And the smell

Ste7en

Distinguished Member
I'm often amazed how many people buy homes with no consideration about where to park.

Parking restrictions have been implimented on the front street of where I live and people are parking all over the place. Alleyways, supermarket car park, village hall car park. Cars are being abandoned everywhere.

jassco

The cleaners came today, and broke our V6 vacuum. They're supposed to bring their own kit, yet used ours and filled it right to the brim (3x higher than the 'max' level). Am I expecting too much for them to replace it? Because if not they won't be coming back.

Foster

Distinguished Member
The cleaners came today, and broke our V6 vacuum. They're supposed to bring their own kit, yet used ours and filled it right to the brim (3x higher than the 'max' level). Am I expecting too much for them to replace it? Because if not they won't be coming back.
If they broke it then yeah.

jassco

i'd get them to replace it then sack them..
It looks like it's actually a problem with the filter rather than the motor, so let's see how it goes when I've cleaned it. But yes, regardless they're borderline at the moment. They broke a vase a couple of weeks back as well (she fell down the stairs and took it with her), so if the hoover fixes okay then they'll probs have one more chance

John

Ours cuts out sometimes since I replaced the battery.too much suction now I think
Give everything a good clean , it may fire up ok

HaRd2BeAr

Distinguished Member
Almost always the filter every time. The filter does take ages to dry though after a proper good cleaning.
And take it apart as it fills from the inside with crud, that's why it cuts out, the airflow is blocked. So even if you wash it, if you don't get the crud out it won't do much.

received_2569943833017818.jpeg
received_384483392193166.jpeg

jassco

Cleaned the filter and it made no difference. My mum was over doing childcare today and she took the whole thing apart and found a blockage somewhere. Apparently it's fixed now...

mjn

Distinguished Member
Mum's are useful lol
Every bit of electrical equipment my Mam has commits suicide. It’s a running joke. Over the years, she’s been through dozens of irons, talking clocks, radios, freezers, fridges, washing machines, etc. The latest are some LED bulbs. I’ve never had a LED bulb die, she’s been through 4 of them. I only bought her 6! :eek:

I have to try and buy things with a 5 year warranty.

Barbs77

Distinguished Member
Every bit of electrical equipment my Mam has commits suicide. It’s a running joke. Over the years, she’s been through dozens of irons, talking clocks, radios, freezers, fridges, washing machines, etc. The latest are some LED bulbs. I’ve never had a LED bulb die, she’s been through 4 of them. I only bought her 6! :eek:

I have to try and buy things with a 5 year warranty.
You need to get her a job as tester. I was thinking of applying for something like that the number of software systems I have broken.

reiteration

went to book a hotel for tomorrow night - and not exactly cheap @ 170 quid for dinner B&B... i mentioned it to my lady (as she doesn't like surprises whereas I do..) - and she told me that the spa facilities aren't included so to double check, i so I emailed them asking that, they ignored that question and state that the price includes £30 credit per person towards the meal which equates to 2 courses (depending on what you order)

1581718277097.png

website details here -

1581718096837.png

1581718141454.png

1581718219637.png

cunch of bunts

Trending threads

Latest News

High End Munich 2020 Hi-Fi Show cancelled
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Samsung leads global TV market for 14th straight year
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Apple wireless home cinema audio hinted by patent?
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Samsung and BT deliver UK’s first live 8K sports broadcast
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Bowers & Wilkins confirms corporate changes
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Top Bottom