The irrational and not-so-irrational annoyances thread

Spiderpig

Does anyone really want a grout and lime encrusted powder blue bathroom set?

Spiderpig

He was more than likely after the radiator for scrap value. Got scared off when he saw I was in the lounge looking at him. He'll probably come back after dark.

Dony

Distinguished Member
What is it with new bloody cars and their headlights? We have a few country roads local with no street lighting leading to the villages, when travelling in the evening you have to use your front fogs in sections although as any considerate driver would do, you soon disable them at the sight of an oncoming motorist. A few times lately I've had oncoming vehicles with lights so bloody bright, I couldn't see anything in front of me and I assumed they hadn't switched off their fogs, I gave them a flash and they flashed back even fudgeing brighter! Always 2018/19 plate vehicles, no doubt using auto headlights although these things are seriously dangerous.. How can this be safe?
Why do you have to use your fog lights if there's no fog? Full beam and dipped beam is all that's required.

Distinguished Member
What is it with new bloody cars and their headlights? We have a few country roads local with no street lighting leading to the villages, when travelling in the evening you have to use your front fogs in sections although as any considerate driver would do, you soon disable them at the sight of an oncoming motorist. A few times lately I've had oncoming vehicles with lights so bloody bright, I couldn't see anything in front of me and I assumed they hadn't switched off their fogs, I gave them a flash and they flashed back even fudgeing brighter! Always 2018/19 plate vehicles, no doubt using auto headlights although these things are seriously dangerous.. How can this be safe?
Daytime running lights left on maybe? Those things are properly bright (and have no beam pattern), I've had that a few times myself, it's like looking into the sun.

Kindra

Standard Member
Buying brand new shoes and then having random strangers step on them while travelling during rush hour on the underground. Its almost heart breaking.

KyleS1

Distinguished Member
Waiting for kids to eat their dinner. It’s soul destroying.

imightbewrong

Distinguished Member
Waiting for kids to eat their dinner. It’s soul destroying.
You salivating looking at the desert waiting for them to stab and eat every baked bean individually?

Demon Luci

My irrational annoyance is when you’re in the car and you look in the rear view mirror at the driver behind you and they can’t see over the steering wheel and have to peer through it.

I know it’s not their fault for being so small but for some reason it really winds me up. I tend to think they should either grow a bit or leave driving to bigger people. There should be a minimum height requirement for a driving licence lol.

KyleS1

Distinguished Member
You salivating looking at the desert waiting for them to stab and eat every baked bean individually?
Yep but in this case sweetcorn. And it’s one piece, much talking, one more piece, much talking...

imightbewrong

Distinguished Member

imightbewrong

Distinguished Member

mjn

Distinguished Member
The dead animal masquerading as hair on Gene Simmons’ head.

Ste7en

Distinguished Member
Broken glass all over the end of our drive. Idiot bin men strike again.

I rang the council and complained. "We'll send a cleaning team out". No sign of any cleaning team. I was out yesterday for 30 minutes in the rain picking up bits of glass. I was out three times this morning. You think you're done then you see some more.

Oh, and they smashed our little green box as well. When they threw it on the driveway.

Bastards!

Distinguished Member
Checking the funny photos thread less than an hour after all reiterations posts were edited. Now I'll never know.

jassco

Distinguished Member
Broken glass all over the end of our drive. Idiot bin men strike again.

I rang the council and complained. "We'll send a cleaning team out". No sign of any cleaning team. I was out yesterday for 30 minutes in the rain picking up bits of glass. I was out three times this morning. You think you're done then you see some more.

Oh, and they smashed our little green box as well. When they threw it on the driveway.

Bastards!
Must be same as our binmen. They refused to take the glass caddy because it wasn't inside the recycling bin (which was full). This is despite then having to take it out of the bin to empty the glass out anyway

MrFraggle

Distinguished Member
We in my area have pretty much given up on putting out glass for recycling as the bins were regularly ignored, our council (Edinburgh) has a web page where you can report what they laughingly call a missed bin, I discovered that this page was not monitored. Even putting in an official complain got nowhere.