The irrational and not-so-irrational annoyances thread

andybailey1972

Then it plays out the Echo, not the Sonos.
I’m having the same issues regarding Alexa, BBC & Sonos - no cures as far as I can find. Only way I’ve been able to listen to radio 2 on Sonos is by going through the Sonos app.

Wahreo

Distinguished Member
The gruff American voice that some American men have. It sounds like it’s put on because no other country seems to have it.

Last edited:

nheather

Distinguished Member
Lewis Hamilton, what a tit.

The human race is becoming extinct because we are over-using the Earth’s resources.

He says he is considering giving up on everything. That we are facing extinction through over-use if the earth’s resources. He’s sold his private jet but oddly no mention of giving up Formula One which is a huge and frivolous waste of the earth’s resources.

He says we should all go vegan in the same breath in which he tells us that he has just launched a chain of vegan restaurants.

Cheers,

Nigel

HaRd2BeAr

Distinguished Member
News about Gina Rodriguez being in trouble for using the N word while singing along to a rap. Apologising because of how offensive it is etc. What annoys me is, no one should use it but i hear it used all too often from people who should know better. It shouldn't be in raps or anywhere but it's just all to casually thrown in to the point now i don't even flinch hearing it.

I can't actually think of a song i like with it in so it's not an issue of me singing/rapping it in song anyway but probably not my worst crime where music and me singing is concerned :eek: :D

GaseousClay

Distinguished Member
Youtube... In particular their recommendations

View attachment 1187500

Why do they insist on serving up foreign videos. I'm in the UK and speak only one language, and not particularly good at that. Someones dog, who gives a Sh*t? Fireworks :boring:... And as for the next line I'm lost for words.

Then there's Fish topic :facepalm: never been into fishing,
Youtube still serving up foreign videos on my recommended, :rolleyes:

Utube-1.jpg

IronGiant

Only time I get a weird link is when I click on something here :D

MrFraggle

Distinguished Member
Lewis Hamilton, what a tit.

The human race is becoming extinct because we are over-using the Earth’s resources.

He says he is considering giving up on everything. That we are facing extinction through over-use if the earth’s resources. He’s sold his private jet but oddly no mention of giving up Formula One which is a huge and frivolous waste of the earth’s resources.

He says we should all go vegan in the same breath in which he tells us that he has just launched a chain of vegan restaurants.

Cheers,

Nigel
Would hate to think what the carbon footprint of Formula 1 racing must be travelling all over the world with the massive support teams these cars have, stop being a pratt Hamiton.

Ste7en

Distinguished Member
Trying to figure out if it was a Coco Pop or a mouse turd I found on the kitchen floor this morning.

Took a few minutes but it was a Coco Pop. Phew! :)

Never ask me for a bowl of Coco Pops :D

Mr Incredible

Distinguished Member
It's ludicrous for TV sporting commentators to feel they have to apologise to viewers when the TV's pitch-side microphones pick up "bad language" on the pitch. It's one of the most flexible words in the English language conveying so many feelings from A to W...

Aggression - **** you!
Agreement - ****ing-ay right!
Amazement - ****ing sh*t!
Annoyance - Don't **** with me.
Apathy - Who really gives a ****, anyhow?
Benevolence - Don't do me any ****ing favours.
Command - Go **** yourself!
Confusion - What the ****?
Denial - I didn't ****ing do it.
Despair - ****ed again.
Difficulty - I don't understand this ****ing question.
Directions - **** off.
Disbelief - Un****ingbelievable!
Dismay - Oh, **** it!
Displeasure - What the **** is going on here?
Encouragement - Keep on ****ing.
Etiquette - Pass the ****ing salt!
Fraud - I got ****ed.
Greetings - How the **** are ya?
Hatred of chemistry - Thermo****ingdynamics.
Identification - Who the **** are you?
Ignorance - He's such a **** head.
Incompetence - He's a **** up.
Insight - You're out of your ****ing mind!
Laziness - He's a **** off.
Lost - Where the **** are we?
Panic - Let's get the **** out of here.
Passive - **** me!
Perplexity - I ****ing know all about it.
Philosophical - Who gives a ****?
Pleasure - I couldn't be any ****ing happier!
Question - You ain't ****ing me?
Rebellion - **** the world!
Resignation - Oh, **** it!
Retaliation - Up your ****ing ass!
Suspicion - Who the **** are you?
Trouble - I guess I'm really ****ed now.
Ugliness - You're a dumb looking ****.
Wisdom - **** that sh*t!
Wonder - How the **** did you do that?

So ****ing what that's overheard on occasions? Move on - there's nothing to hear here!

Peace!

Freestyler8

No way I'm becoming vegan, but I don't get all the Lewis hate.

Yes F1 must have a huge carbon footprint but if it didn't exist, it's probably not going to make enough of a difference to the planet. If what they say about eating meat is true though, then F1 stars being able to influence millions would have a much bigger impact.

It's like saying you can't care about the homeless if you aren't homeless. Ridiculous.

HaRd2BeAr

Distinguished Member
No way I'm becoming vegan, but I don't get all the Lewis hate.

Yes F1 must have a huge carbon footprint but if it didn't exist, it's probably not going to make enough of a difference to the planet. If what they say about eating meat is true though, then F1 stars being able to influence millions would have a much bigger impact.

It's like saying you can't care about the homeless if you aren't homeless. Ridiculous.
If what they say is true about Cows etc though, being alive they are damaging the environment so what do we do with them? Eat, cull, leave to breed?

I can't say I really understand enough about it tbh but as much as I like Lewis he does annoy me. It must be so difficult for him with his personal Chef bringing him different food to eat than he's used to...

Trollslayer

Distinguished Member
A by product of the cow's digestive system is methane which damages the ozone layer.