The irrational and not-so-irrational annoyances thread

Trollslayer

Distinguished Member
Because they are posers.

deans6571

..so our old dishwasher packed up last week - ok, no problem in itself as my wife has cover to repair/replace kitchen white goods.

We ring up and arrange a new replacement, which arrived yesterday.

Fekking thing is no more than a heavy weight door stop - IT IS FAULTY AND DOES NOT WORK (gives and error of 'H' on the display after every single wash cycle is started - wash cycle starts but then stops after 10 seconds (and yes we tried resetting it with various button presses, blah blah blah) :mad::mad::mad:.

WHY DON'T THEY TEST THESE BLIMMIN APPLIANCES IN THE WAREHOUSE BEFORE THEY SHIP THEM OUT.........:rolleyes::rolleyes::mad:

Now my wife has to spend the day ringing them up to complain that the brand new appliance they delivered is buggered.

:mad:

Rant over.........

MrFraggle

Distinguished Member
Major news story on the BBC is a spat between two footballers wives concerning stuff on Instagram, how dumb down does the BBC intend to go?

Last edited:

Trollslayer

Distinguished Member
To the bottom then start drilling.

Qactuar

Distinguished Member
..so our old dishwasher packed up last week - ok, no problem in itself as my wife has cover to repair/replace kitchen white goods.

Fekking thing is no more than a heavy weight door stop - IT IS FAULTY AND DOES NOT WORK (gives and error of 'H' on the display after every single wash cycle is started - wash cycle starts but then stops after 10 seconds (and yes we tried resetting it with various button presses, blah blah blah) :mad::mad::mad:.

WHY DON'T THEY TEST THESE BLIMMIN APPLIANCES IN THE WAREHOUSE BEFORE THEY SHIP THEM OUT.........:rolleyes::rolleyes::mad:

Now my wife has to spend the day ringing them up to complain that the brand new appliance they delivered is buggered.

Rant over.........
Assuming every dishwasher has a 30 min quick cycle, that means a warehouse has to unpack (5mins) plumb (5mins) and test (30mins) and reverse unplumb and repack every dishwasher. Just under an hour extra work.

Maybe my irrational annoyance is unreasonable expectations of the wrong people!

deans6571

Rant over.........

...its gone from bad to worse. :mad:

Hotpoint engineer came out yesterday and confirmed that in fact, the dishwasher is 100% working fine and the reason for our so called 'fault' is due to the low water pressure coming out the mains pipe supplying the dishwasher.:facepalm:

Apparently, because new appliance are evolving now a days, they are more sensitive to things like this (hence why our old dishwasher worked fine) and are programed to cut off if the water supply is not sufficient.

I now have NO idea on what the next course of action should be......o_O:(

MrFraggle

Distinguished Member

Hotpoint engineer came out yesterday and confirmed that in fact, the dishwasher is 100% working fine and the reason for our so called 'fault' is due to the low water pressure coming out the mains pipe supplying the dishwasher.:facepalm:

Apparently, because new appliance are evolving now a days, they are more sensitive to things like this (hence why our old dishwasher worked fine) and are programed to cut off if the water supply is not sufficient.

images.jpg

Qactuar

Distinguished Member

Have you tried the trick to increase pressure from the main tap? Turn on a tap in the sink, close stopcock. Wait for it to run dry and turn the tap off, turn stopcock all the way in and off full 5-6 times.

Any airlock will be gone and should help with pressure. Worked for us a few times!

Last edited:

deans6571

Have you tried the trick to increase pressure from the main tap? Turn on a tap in the sink, close stopcock. Wait for it to run dry, turn stopcock all the way in and off full 5-6 times.

Any airlock will be gone and should help with pressure. Worked for us a few times!

....not tried that - will give it a go, thank you.
:)

ruffage

Distinguished Member

Perhaps find a dishwasher that's not so precious?

Wahreo

Distinguished Member
Have you tried the trick to increase pressure from the main tap? Turn on a tap in the sink, close stopcock. Wait for it to run dry, turn stopcock all the way in and off full 5-6 times.

That’s a new one on me. I’ve never known a cold main to get an airlock.

Chillie6

Distinguished Member
If there is a lower limit water pressure required for operating the dishwasher it should be laid down somewhere surely? Otherwise how do you know?:)

Doug the D

Distinguished Member
but he hasn't been seen since the 2nd sept... so...
I'm around. Just stopped posting/ logging in for a while, as I decided I was spending too much time putting the world to rights and ranting on here. I felt it was making me quite a negative person.
@HaRd2BeAr, unfortunately, I didn't win the lottery and move to Florida :)

I'll still be about, just not posting as much/ at all. Thanks for caring though, appreciated :thumbsup:

deans6571

If there is a lower limit water pressure required for operating the dishwasher it should be laid down somewhere surely? Otherwise how do you know?:)

...the pressure, according to the instructions, should be:

1570700722271.png

....,but who even knows the pressure coming into their water supply???! o_O

Wahreo

Distinguished Member
I can tell you that 0.5 bar is very low and 10 bar is very high.

Try holding the palm of your hand under your kitchen tap and turn the water on. If you get wet then your water supply is fine

HaRd2BeAr

Distinguished Member
I'm around. Just stopped posting/ logging in for a while, as I decided I was spending too much time putting the world to rights and ranting on here. I felt it was making me quite a negative person.

I'll still be about, just not posting as much/ at all. Thanks for caring though, appreciated :thumbsup:
I can't say i won't miss you mate but i hope you're feeling better, that's the main thing :)

reiteration

Distinguished Member

yep, we understand... :)

i was spending too much time on forums that I binned them all except this one.. :)

HaRd2BeAr

Distinguished Member
I can tell you that 0.5 bar is very low and 10 bar is very high.

Try holding the palm of your hand under your kitchen tap and turn the water on. If you get wet then your water supply is fine
Only laughing at the thought of @deans6571 putting his hand under the tap after whacking it on and getting soaked :rotfl:

nheather

Distinguished Member
...the pressure, according to the instructions, should be:

View attachment 1205346

....,but who even knows the pressure coming into their water supply???! o_O
My thoughts are - typically dishwasher is downstairs, cold water tank is upstairs or in the loft. So if the pressure is so low it can't service the dishwater how on earth will it get up to the tank.

Cheers,

Nigel

Qactuar

Distinguished Member
That’s a new one on me. I’ve never known a cold main to get an airlock.
We lost water pressure and that's what the water company called me to say and do. It worked.

Maybe airlock isn't the right terminology, but it increased pressure. We had a lot of water works done locally and we reckon my wife forgot and carried on using taps with no mains coming into the house etc.

New build and pressure was otherwise perfect. It's back to normal now of course.