The irrational and not-so-irrational annoyance thread part twelve

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wimbledon ladies tennis players wearing long-legged cycling shorts that protrude from under under their skirts - looks most unattractive. I'd rather they wore nothing at all. ;)

Gone-rogue ear, nose and eyebrow hairs. (I'll refrain from cross posting this in the "50 signs of getting old" thread!)

I was caught putting Veet hair removal cream in my nose the other week by the wife :rotfl:

It did work though :smashin:

I was caught putting Veet hair removal cream in my nose the other week by the wife :rotfl:

It did work though :smashin:

I put some in my ears last year - it made them all red haha..!

Cue someone posting the Amazon review for the 58th time :D

When people repeatedly insert the same unnecessary words or phrases in to conversations. For example ‘and I was like, I want… like a better mark than that like…because like that's not fair.' Or another one a couple of people do in our office when relaying a conversation they've had ‘I turned around and said, then he turned around and said, so then I turned around and said'. I have no idea why they keep turning around and which way they are facing.

Making a post you're particularly pleased with thinking it is either very funny, well thought out or will appeal and then realising it was the last post on the page which has now gone over to a new page and your post has been effectively lost.

Making a post you’re particularly pleased with thinking it is either very funny, well thought out or will appeal and then realising it was the last post on the page which has now gone over to a new page and your post has been effectively lost.

People who don't know a 'page' is made up of a user-defined number of posts :p

When people repeatedly insert the same unnecessary words or phrases in to conversations. For example ‘and I was like, I want… like a better mark than that like…because like that’s not fair.’ Or another one a couple of people do in our office when relaying a conversation they’ve had ‘I turned around and said, then he turned around and said, so then I turned around and said’. I have no idea why they keep turning around and which way they are facing.

My brother in law always says "Basically" ...It really winds me up as he is not the sharpest tool in the shed. I have been fairly well educated so for him to try and simplify a sentence for me....well It get's me a little ruffled :p

People who don't know a 'page' is made up of a user-defined number of posts :p

Haha, I'm not couting! I just mean the next post is on a fresh page and you realise your wonderfully crafted post hasn't got the exposure you might hope.

You could repost it but there is nothing worse than reappearing a joke you assume went under the radar only to realise it didn't, people just didn't find it funny.

Haha, I'm not couting! I just mean the next post is on a fresh page and you realise your wonderfully crafted post hasn't got the exposure you might hope.

That's what I mean though - just because it's on the next page for you doesn't mean it is for someone else, and vice versa. E.g. I currently see this thread as having 14 pages...

Last edited:
It's okay - it was irrational of me :)

Photo-orientation. When your desktop app 'cleverly' rotates a photo behind-the-scenes, so you think it's the right-way up, but then when you mail it to someone it's on its side :facepalm:

Also when you receieve a photo the wrong way up, but the 'rotate' buttons in MS photo viewer are ghosted, presumably because it's read-only due to being part of an email :confused:

iTunes Match which doesn't 'just work', I've spent 2 hours sorting out missing or incorrect artwork.

People who stand up to get off a train really early, making me move to get out of their way and sit back down for a couple of minutes when I'll be getting off at the same stop anyway

Mowing the lawn. I hate it. Really hate it.

Drunks on planes who think they're funny and charming when trying to pull the stewardesses.

Getting my new visa and emailing work to let them know that and expecting them to book a flight tomorrow or Friday. But no it's Tuesday, which would normally be OK.

But there's a big family gathering this weekend, which I thought I'd be able to dodge legally. Probably the first time I wanted to go back to work. :rolleyes:

The old fella I had a go at for using my front garden as a dog toilet,today had a go at my son.

Although it's now fenced off he told my son to take his dog out.

When he said 'it's my dads garden' he said he didn't care and to get it out'

:rotfl: I knew that old bloke was crazy,and this confirms it :rolleyes:

Drove past an accident on the other side of the M4 a few days ago.
Man standing by one of the cars, walking around and holding his neck in a very theatrical fashion.
Cue dodgy whiplash claim.
****** me right off, seeing that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom