The Iron Mask Blu-ray Review & Comments

Casimir Harlow

Movies Editor
Reaction score
It looks awful from the trailer but your review has raised some (semi) interest. :) As long as its not the atrocity to eyesight that is Bleeding Steel. :D

It looks awful from the trailer but your review has raised some (semi) interest. :) As long as its not the atrocity to eyesight that is Bleeding Steel. :D

It's pretty bad, but Chan and his stunt team have clearly - evidently - worked on the setpieces, and him and Arnie have a ball, whilst the lead girl is pretty solid. The 'dubbing' makes it feel very cheap though, so nobody should have any expectations about this. It's the kind of thing you want to win a Blu-ray competition and watch for free, so I'm chasing a giveaway to hopefully make that happen.

Good review Cas. must admit, since I first saw the trailer for this many long months ago, I have looked forwards to this, like a dose of Clap/Covid, pick one that fits!

I wonder if I’m the only forum member who had to look up what the acronym ADR meant?

No reference to the glaring loss of 3d? This film was shot natively and the added dimension is the main attraction. Its loss devalues this release to pointlessness. I'd rather 3d was chased from the publisher than a giveaway.

No reference to the glaring loss of 3d? This film was shot natively and the added dimension is the main attraction. Its loss devalues this release to pointlessness. I'd rather 3d was chased from the publisher than a giveaway.

Yes,the flat version should have been optional as all effects were made with 3d in mind and it was shot natively.

VIY had great 3d,i hope this gets a 3d release somewhere.

Thanks for the Review, Cas.
Whenever this pops up on Amazon Prime, I'll take a glimpse.
The Trailer is hilarious!
0:40 "The Great Wall of China" - I really thought we were back to the good old days of Painted Backdrops for a moment!
0:45 (Xingtong Yao staring at the Great CG Wall of China through a telescope) "Something is very wrong!"
No S*** Sherlock!
:D

Yes,the flat version should have been optional as all effects were made with 3d in mind and it was shot natively.

VIY had great 3d,i hope this gets a 3d release somewhere.

There is a Dolby Atmos sound mix available as well. Disc's should be the premium format otherwise what's the point? You're as well streaming.

It's frustrating when features are stripped from home releases. More so when unchallenged. I suppose we should be greatful it's not a DVD.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom