The iPhone 6S/6S Plus availability and reservation thread - AVAILABLE TO BUY NOW AT JOHN LEWIS

Deleted member 725346

Reaction score
Perhaps premature but I thought it might be useful to have a thread to discuss stock availability, reservations etc I'm sure I'm not the only one that's not pre-ordered and looking to pick one up sim free either when they're available.

Reservations open up again on Saturday 26th at 6am for anyone that is looking to pick up from an Apple Store.

UPDATE: Now available to order for collection on the 25th in your local John Lewis Store, or have it delivered on the 25th.

Thanks to Jason56d for the headsup

iPhone 6s | iPhone 6s Plus | iPhone | John Lewis

Last edited:
Are john lewis phones truly unlocked like Apple ones??

Anyone know?

I don't know for certain, however a member of this forum has stated that they allegedly lock to the first simcard that is used.

If it's important to you I'd proceed with caution.

I'm on hold trying to cancel mine as I don't want to take the risk as I'm pay as you go and want to change providers. Plus I want to buy applecare + at the same time from Apple, and I'm not sure of the implications of buying from a different retailer and being eligible to buy it later from Apple.

I don't know for certain, however a member of this forum has stated that they allegedly lock to the first simcard that is used.

If it's important to you I'd proceed with caution.

I'm on hold trying to cancel mine as I don't want to take the risk as I'm pay as you go and want to change providers. Plus I want to buy applecare + at the same time from Apple, and I'm not sure of the implications of buying from a different retailer and being eligible to buy it later from Apple.

Ask them to be sure before you cancel as you are on hold with them?

Just seen this in product info

Please note:iPhone will lock itself to the network of the first SIM card that is used in the phone. Subsequently attempting to use it on any other network, for example by replacing the SIM card, may mean it becomes permanently unusable. SIM free iPhones can only be used with a UK-network SIM card, and will not accept foreign SIM cards.

I'd avoid them then in that case as i need a fully unlocked phone, although john lewis show plenty in stock doubt they'd sell so fast!

Just seen this in product info

Please note:iPhone will lock itself to the network of the first SIM card that is used in the phone. Subsequently attempting to use it on any other network, for example by replacing the SIM card, may mean it becomes permanently unusable. SIM free iPhones can only be used with a UK-network SIM card, and will not accept foreign SIM cards.

I'd avoid them then in that case as i need a fully unlocked phone, although john lewis show plenty in stock doubt they'd sell so fast!

I saw that as well, but as I am with Three (and staying for the foreseeable future) it is not an issue. Plus Three unlock it for free anyway when I do decide to sell it.

The sim locking is a dealbreaker as I like having the flexibility, especially when I'm paying £700.

I just need to hope I get one from Apple Store. I've got an order with Apple online but that's not due to be delivered until 21-28th of October and I'm impatient.

So my plan is to get one at launch, and then cancel the order.

There will be one spare 64gb 6s in Space Grey at the Plymouth store tomorrow - decided to stick with my 6 for a couple of months more at least - really was only wanting the camera upgrade but not sure it'll be a massive leap for stills anyway.

I can't see an issue if its locked - simply unlock it. You own the phone so they can't keep it locked ( as they can on a contract).

The fact to comes with a 2 year warranty ( which is transferable) must out way the hassle of spending a few moments getting an unlock code or am i missing something here?

Warranty 2yrs from JL is also good for resale although admittedly it is not as good as apple care in terms of speed of service and would imagine coverage, but still a good free add on.

Further information on unlocking can be found here

How to unlock an iPhone so you can use any SIM

Needless to say I'm collect mine from JL tomorrow to save my delivery wait from apple.

And if you are on THREE like me then here the web link to unlock it Device support.

As wildy64 says, if the phone is yours they can't keep it locked.

I've just had web chat with O2
"O2 never locks the phone network that are not purchased from O2."

I've now got it on O2 system that I don't want it locked, agent says it won't be and I've said that if it is I want it unlocked immediately as the phone is mine and was never theirs.

If there is any problem the web chat has been saved and I will enjoy the discussion of why they think they can't unlock it immediately.

Locking it with my specific request not to, and refusing my request to unlock it breaks many sections of Consumer Laws. I'll be looking for compensation for my distress and inconvenience.

I'll be looking for compensation for my distress and inconvenience.

About £699 compensation to be precise! ;) Lol!

Will be banging my consumer drum to Three in about 30 mins. Will report back what their thoughts are on locking MY iPhone to their network.

Just rang my local three store as I hadn't heard from them since pre ordering my iPhone 6s+ gold on pre order day, only to be told it now won't be ready for collection tomorrow due to high demand for that model. Now looking at 8th October? But I ordered as soon as store opened?

Just rang my local three store as I hadn't heard from them since pre ordering my iPhone 6s+ gold on pre order day, only to be told it now won't be ready for collection tomorrow due to high demand for that model. Now looking at 8th October? But I ordered as soon as store opened?

Sorry couldn't resist. Feel your pain....

John Lewis have 6S+ Gold in 16GB available. Other sizes are out of stock.

I've finally had a reply from John Lewis to the email I sent them last week, they have said the phones are definitely unlocked and can be used amd moved between networks (I specifically asked them to confirm that it would be possible to use sims from different networks).

Thank you for your email regarding the New Apple iPhone 6s, iOS, 4.7", 4G LTE, SIM Free, 16GB, Space Grey (product code 83301260).

I can confirm that with a sim free iPhone, you can use a sim card on any network and if you decide to change your sim, you can replace it with any network and it will still be compatible.

If I can be of any further assistance, do not hesitate to contact me.

Yours sincerely,

John Lewis.com

Is the option to preorder for collection in store still available?

I tried this URL
Apple

But it just says - we're sorry but this service is currently unavailable

Is the option to preorder for collection in store still available?

I tried this URL
Apple

But it just says - we're sorry but this service is currently unavailable

Just go to the normal page to buy and right at the bottom (under the buy button) is an option to reserve for instore collection. It normally only works from 6am through shop opening hours.

iPhone 6s

You need to chose model, capacity, colour before the option shows at the bottom.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom