The iPad Jailbreaking & iPad FAQ thread.

Isn't it only the iPad 1 that can have a tethered 4.3.5 Jailbreak (I hope I am wrong as my new iPad 2 came with 4.3.5 too ;))?

Not that I have seen, Redmondpie is a good place to monitor or follow a select few people on Twitter.

No not yet, ipad 2 & iphone 4s ios5 being worked on, hopefully soon!!

Azzin said:
I just did the untethered J/B on my iPad 1 running 5.0.1-easy peasy! :D

Only things I have on are SBSettings, RemoveBG and RemoveBG for SBSettings.

I only have SBSettings running on mine. Didn't bother with winterboard this time around on the iPad

Dal

Can anyone advise me how I go from jailbroken 4.3.1 on ipad 1 to untethered ios 5.0.1? I understand that I need to go to 5.0.1 first but not sure if I should do that through itunes?

One of few remaining reaosns to remin jailbroken for me is the brightness issue - I use the dimmer app bought in cydia. Does anyone know if that still works in 5.0.1 or if an alternative exists (presumably the minimum brightness issue is still there in 5.0.1)

thanks

Thanks

Goose74 said:
Can anyone advise me how I go from jailbroken 4.3.1 on ipad 1 to untethered ios 5.0.1? I understand that I need to go to 5.0.1 first but not sure if I should do that through itunes?

One of few remaining reaosns to remin jailbroken for me is the brightness issue - I use the dimmer app bought in cydia. Does anyone know if that still works in 5.0.1 or if an alternative exists (presumably the minimum brightness issue is still there in 5.0.1)

thanks

Thanks

Can't comment on that tweak cos I don't use it.

I downloaded the 5.0.1 IPSW file ( google will have you find the site ends in .de) then I do a backup in iTunes. Unplug iPad then plug back into iTunes and then click on restore holding the shift key then point to the IPSW file you just downloaded. Then it will install the new os and then put your backup on and hey presto.

Then download redsn0w and do the jailbreak using the IPSW file you used earlier for iTunes.

Enjoy matey :)

Dal

Goose74 said:

thanks

Thanks

I updated to 5.0.1 using iTunes (from 4.3.3) and then just ran redsn0w.

I currently have an android tablet that has been rooted. I will be buying an ipad 3 when available. Was just wondering if custom roms are availabe for jailbroken ipads?

Yep released today

been waiting so long for it not sure i need it now :D

Seems the Windows version has been released but there a fair few people having problems with it. Personally i am going to wait until I hear a few more success reports.

Seems the Windows version has been released but there a fair few people having problems with it. Personally i am going to wait until I hear a few more success reports.

I've tried twice from a restore and it just gets stuck at "ABSINTHE is now settings thing up, please stand-by..."

Oh well.

I've tried twice from a restore and it just gets stuck at "ABSINTHE is now settings thing up, please stand-by..."

Oh well.

4th attempt and now its done! :)

cmclean said:
Where can I get the windows version?

Thx

I went to the redmondpie website for a link.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom