The Internet Map

Foebane72

Wow, someone's got WAAAAYYYYY too much time on their hands. :facepalm:

And what use is a bunch of coloured dots? :laugh:

nheather

Distinguished Member
Perhaps I'm doing something wrong but every search I have made gives 'site not found'.

Cheers,

Nigel

Singh400

Distinguished Member
Perhaps I'm doing something wrong but every search I have made gives 'site not found'.

Cheers,

Nigel
Depends on what you are searching for. I doubt it will include little personal sites or blogs. I guess there has to be a minimum threshold before your site is "mapped".

nheather

Distinguished Member
Depends on what you are searching for. I doubt it will include little personal sites or blogs. I guess there has to be a minimum threshold before your site is "mapped".

Like that tiny organisation Google

That comes back with 'site not found'

As does avforums

Another two examples of tiny organisations that cannot be found - microsoft and apple.

Cheers,

Nigel

OK - worked it out

microsoft = not found
www.microsoft.com = not found
microsoft.com = found

Last edited:

Singh400

Distinguished Member
Like that tiny organisation Google

That comes back with 'site not found'

As does avforums

Another two examples of tiny organisations that cannot be found - microsoft and apple.

Cheers,

Nigel

OK - worked it out

microsoft = not found
Microsoft Corporation: Software, Smartphones, Online, Games, Cloud Computing, IT Business Technology, Downloads = not found
microsoft.com = found
You must be blind mate. Google is right there staring you in the face. Can't really blame the site for your own lackluster searching abilities :p

QniWW.jpg

rousetafarian

But only if you zoom in from the landing page which Nigel may not have, in all fairness

Foebane72

I was making the same point as roustafarian, but attempting to be slightly more tactful. Maybe so tactful that the point was missed :)

What point? That my site may be personal, but may have more use than this one? :laugh:

Honestly, what is the relationship between the large main websites depicted in this "galaxy", versus the smaller "satellite" sites orbiting them? It all seems rather random and arbitrary to me.

nheather

Distinguished Member
You must be blind mate. Google is right there staring you in the face. Can't really blame the site for your own lackluster searching abilities

Of course I can see google, just saying that if I typed 'google' into the search field it came back as site not found which was clearly nonsense.

Anyway I had discovered my problem and updated my post before you posted your little 'witticism' - perhaps down to your lackluster reading skills.

To reiterate,

If you enter 'google' or 'www.google.com' it comes back as 'site not found'. You have to enter 'google.com'.

Cheers,

Nigel

Singh400

Distinguished Member
Anyway I had discovered my problem and updated my post before you posted your little 'witticism' - perhaps down to your lackluster reading skills.
You sure about that?

Yy1JR.png

Says pretty clearly in the search box...

"Site address or country"

:smashin:

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

Sky set to launch its plug-and-play Sky Stream solution
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
Movies Podcast: 26th September 2022
  • By Phil Hinton
  • Published
AV Podcast: 26th September 2022
  • By Phil Hinton
  • Published
REL Acoustics announces new Serie HT subwoofer trio