The Injuries Thread

shrimp3r

Prominent Member
Reaction score
I'll claim the first one, scraped my knuckles on the ceiling playing volley ball, managed to draw blood.

My shoulders and calves have been aching since Thursday.

first time i played adventures I ****ted my head on a light. Nice little bump on my noggin.

I'll claim the first one, scraped my knuckles on the ceiling playing volley ball, managed to draw blood.

lol, I did exact same thing on volley ball last night, and on an artexed ceiling :rolleyes:

oh, and almost twisted my ankle when jumping on long jump. Won't go into saving goals in football......

Can we take insurance out ????

just got ours out to see if we have room, tried adventures for half an hour. ended up with a pulled muscle in my arse and my right knee was killing me too.
great great fun. can't wait for chrimbo. it's all packed back up for santa.
found it stange that there wasn't much in the way of instructions in the box though. didn't know if i needed the plug or not etc.
anyway, we do have room, but i'll bet there'll be hundreds returned, i have a modest room set out well, many will not be in the same boat.

Last edited:
My wife who is a foot shorter than me whacked the light and cut her hand, then proceeded to punch the sofa arm. She didnt give up and ended beating me in the javelin. My excuse was i fouled on the 2nd throw.

I have to move our 2 seater settee to give us more space and was playing Kinect Sports football minigame, I booted the corner of the settee and nearly broke my toe!!

Best thing about it the camera picked up the exact moment I hit it and the look on my face resulted in my wife almost dying of laughter :)

I have to move our 2 seater settee to give us more space and was playing Kinect Sports football minigame, I booted the corner of the settee and nearly broke my toe!!

Best thing about it the camera picked up the exact moment I hit it and the look on my face resulted in my wife almost dying of laughter :)

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

My other half has a toe injury too from the footy .... and yes he was caught on camera as well which made me chuckle .... lots! (didn't pick up the swearing though!)

I've got aches and pains all over .... and managed to punch the wall playing the Adventures Plug it up game thingy! :laugh:

We had to move the settee to create a bit more space and my son slipped on the laminate flooring and cracked his head open on the side of the stairs :oops:

2 1/2 hours in A & E :suicide:

classic thread, shame about the A&E though!

Haven't got mine yet but expect many contributions here...!

Pretty unfit, so I played boxing and felt something rip in my back. It hurts if I move my right arm. So, dosed up on ibuprofen as we speak!

I got it last night, put my back out in 10 mins flat...

MODS> Can we have the thread title changed to 'Are you too old for videogames?' please? :D ;)

got over 100 m on the javalin but cracked my hand into the roof in the process :) lol

any reports of shoes coming off into peoples tvs yet ?

don't have a Kinect yet but the thread title intrigued me and I just wanted to say thank you to all the people in this thread, i laughed heartily at your exploits :thumbsup:

I'm yet to have an injury, although I'm sure they wil comes!

However, I've not been able to walk properly over the last week due to mammoth sessions on Kinect last weekend. The track and field section in Kinect Sports is a killer!

I was playing adventures and had to bend over to plug a hole on the underwater box and whacked my arse on the wardrobe :/ Havent got sports yet so im yet to fall foul of kicking the bed or wall

Thats discus out for me.
every time i throw one i get a shooting pain from my wrist into my fingers. goes after a few mins, but another discus later means more pain.
dam it.

don't have a Kinect yet but the thread title intrigued me and I just wanted to say thank you to all the people in this thread, i laughed heartily at your exploits :thumbsup:

haha was thinking exactly the same. think this thread alone has convinced me to get one for crimbo, too ammusing to miss out on!

Just been and picked one up at lunch, given the amount of metal work in my spine and wifeys leg I reckon we're a dead cert for some serious mischeif this evening. It'll be karma after laughing at some of the above though!:laugh:

A friend of mine had his over hanging lightbulb smashed to bits by some poor unfortunates hand.:laugh:
Not pretty either.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom