1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Incredibles/A Bug's Life/Monsters Inc./Finding Nemo Box Set

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by wyerd, Mar 18, 2005.

1. wyerd

wyerd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    The box set arrived today, but I was disappointed to find that Monsters, Inc is full frame 1.33:1, even though it's available in widescreen. All the others are widescreen, albeit different ratios - 2.39:1, 1.78:1 & 2.25:1.

Was the wrong DVD put in my box??

2. Tejstar

Tejstar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,005
    Is this R2 or R1?

3. wyerd

wyerd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Jesus, that's quick!

R2.

4. Tejstar

Tejstar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,005
    I didn't realise that we had fullscreen versions here in the UK, I know they do have them in the US hence why i asked what region it was. It does sound odd to me. :rolleyes:

5. wyerd

wyerd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    The other thing is the Bug's Life DVD is a flipper disc.Side A says Fullframe 1.33:1 and side B is Widescreen 2.35:1. The back cover says "At the end of side A please turn over the disc". Have they sandwiched the wrong discs together? I'm not at home to try it out until later.

6. Tejstar

Tejstar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,005
    I could check my Bug's Life disc but I'm pretty certain it's not a flipper!

7. wyerd

wyerd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Looks like The Incredibles & Nemo are the 2 disc collector's edition and the rest are the bog standard 1 disc.

8. Indiana Jones

Indiana Jones

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,300
    The 2 Disc Region 2 release of Monsters Inc contained the Widescreen version on Disc 1 and the Fullscreen version of Disc 2 so it sounds like they have included Disc 2 in the set.

Also, the original Region 2 release of A Bugs Life is a dual layered double sided disc with the Fullscreen version on one side and a Widescreen version on the other.

9. wyerd

wyerd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Thanks for the info.

I really think that they've spoilt the box set for not including the W/S version of Monsters, Inc. Looks like I've now got to buy it separately!

10. Marc

Marc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,081
    that's a bit poor. They should have included the 2 disc monsters inc and the 2 disc bugs life, that way it would have been a really nice set. As it is, it doesn't seem worth buying unless you're going to replace those two movies, by which time it probably costs less to buy them all seperately..

11. jimbow25

jimbow25

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I bought this on Friday and took it back for the reasons mentioned above: it's the single disc versions of Monsters Inc and A Bug's Life, so MI is not widescreen.

The 2 versions of Monsters Inc are £8.99 and £9.99 on CD-WOW at the moment, and Nemo can be had for £8 on Amazon (I'm pretty sure it was listed even cheaper on Amazon Jersey earlier this week, too), so for the Pixar enthusiast I wouldn't recommend this boxed set, you'll probably want to buy the best versions separately for not much more money. If it's just the films that you (or your kids!) want then I'm sure this set would do fine.

I presume Toy Story 1/2 are absent because they're going to the Disney vault of frustratingly unavailable films? Both of them are vanishing from sale on a lot of websites. I don't really want to wait 3 years to buy the inevitable Toy Story Trilogy, especially considering the negative press that the non-Pixar TS3 is getting already.

If anyone sees the 2-disc A Bug's Life or the 3-disc Toy Story sets anywhere affordable (for £12 and £30 or less, say) then I'd appreciate a link. I got Virgin's limited edition metal Pixar tin with the Incredibles on Friday and I'd like to fill it if I can :)

12. jimbow25

jimbow25

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My local WHSmith have Finding Nemo and the regular editions of A Bug's Life and Monsters Inc for £9.99 each, presumably as part of The Incredibles promotion.

They also had a few of the limited edition Monsters Incs upstairs for the same price, I would have bought one but I'd already ordered it from CD-WOW for the same price. This may have been a pricing error, I don't know. No sign of the limited edition A Bug's Life in there.

13. Red1

Red1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    I was in my local Blockbuster today and they had the Bugs Life - 2 Disc DTS edition in for £9.99.

Red1

14. wyerd

wyerd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    A guy at work's got the 2 disc W/S version of Monsters, Inc - so I've "borrowed" it for the evening........