The Incredibles / Incredibles 2 4K UHD

BMox81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
5qmPfIjW.jpg

JXpxyinh.jpg

Release date: 12th June 2018.

WOWHD: The Incredibles With Blu-Ray, 4K Mastering, Collector's Edition, Digital Theater System on WOW HD

DeepDiscount: The Incredibles With Blu-Ray, 4K Mastering, Collector's Edition, Digital Theater System on DeepDiscount

Import CD's: The Incredibles With Blu-Ray, 4K Mastering, Collector's Edition, Digital Theater System on ImportCDs

Import job for those of us in the UK wanting this.

Anyone picking this up?

Last edited:
Will buy after reviews are out as Disney seems to be messing around with their Atmos mixes. In terms of contents, the Canadian VIVA metal box wins as it fully loaded (comes with all the discs).

I've just bought this on Blu-ray, and that version is pretty impressive. Not sure I'll double dip...

I've just bought this on Blu-ray, and that version is pretty impressive. Not sure I'll double dip...

This kinda my thinking. I've had this on Blu-ray for ages now and it's one thing buying new Disney releases on UHD, but older releases? Not so sure.

Updated with release date and links to sites selling.

-- As an eBay Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases --
^ Nice find :smashin:

Took a chance and we’ll see how it goes. Not ordered from Australia for ages.

Bought this from import cds. Awaiting delivery now.

Just be aware that the Australian seller works out at over £20. This will be hit with customs charges if he’s not customs friendly.

Bought this from import cds. Awaiting delivery now.

Just be aware that the Australian seller works out at over £20. This will be hit with customs charges if he’s not customs friendly.

I've used that particular Australian seller before on a few occasions & they are definitely 'customs friendly'.

-- As an eBay Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases --
How is the Atmos on this one fellas? I am hoping it sounds as great as the DTS-HD MA on Blu-ray. Disney you better not screw this one as it is in my top 25 fav films of all time.

this seems pricey everywhere, is this due a uk release? and what is the cheapest at the mo. checked the usual places for import pricey for some reason.

The Incredibles 4K Blu-ray
Sounds like a bit of a dud, will happily stick with my Blu for this, I’m already gun shy about catalogue titles and this one seems like a very modest upgrade.

Passing this unless I get this for under 15. Disney is enough to screw UHD and I think they want this format to fail.

How is the Atmos on this one fellas? I am hoping it sounds as great as the DTS-HD MA on Blu-ray. Disney you better not screw this one as it is in my top 25 fav films of all time.

Reports I was reading yesterday were a mixture of 'yet another screwed up Atmos track' and 'its ok if you turn it up' but yea sounds like a typical Dinsey lackluster mix yet again.

On the plus side they ported over the old DTS-HD MA track which is far better and if you only have the UK BD then this release is a good upgrade as not does it look great it also comes with the bonus disc which was never made available in the UK.

Reports I was reading yesterday were a mixture of 'yet another screwed up Atmos track' and 'its ok if you turn it up' but yea sounds like a typical Dinsey lackluster mix yet again.

On the plus side they ported over the old DTS-HD MA track which is far better and if you only have the UK BD then this release is a good upgrade as not does it look great it also comes with the bonus disc which was never made available in the UK.

Yep but I got the superb Futureshop Viva Metal Box edition which has Blu-ray + Bonus features BD + DVD copy. That would do for me. Disney are doing this on purpose. I think they are frustrated about the current state of 3D.

I have the original US 4 disc release & the audio on that is near reference, I don’t have atmos and don’t have any plans to but I don’t know what Disney are playing at these days, their discs used to be soooo good!
Does anyone have any idea what their mindset is when it comes to audio? Is it that they don’t wanna scare the kids watching with powerful dynamic soundtracks?
Have they received too many complaints in the past from angry parents from bombastic soundtracks ?

I have the original US 4 disc release & the audio on that is near reference, I don’t have atmos and don’t have any plans to but I don’t know what Disney are playing at these days, their discs used to be soooo good!
Does anyone have any idea what their mindset is when it comes to audio? Is it that they don’t wanna scare the kids watching with powerful dynamic soundtracks?
Have they received too many complaints in the past from angry parents from bombastic soundtracks ?

If they received such complaints, they can always feature a kids friendly track that is dumbed down and not botch pretty much every Atmos track on their 4K UHD releases.

Having said that, I thought CoCo sounded pretty good.

Bass junkies at AVSForum prefer the DTS-HD over the Atmos. Apparently the Atmos mix addresses clipping issues but at the expense of lower dynamic range and lesser LFE.

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom