1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Incredible Hulk - Not the new film!

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by PoochJD, Jul 16, 2003.

1. PoochJD

PoochJD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    Hi,

Have just bought "The Incredible Hulk" DVD from my local Tesco (for a not unreasonable £9-97), but thought I should just let people know about a few issues regarding this title.

1) The back of the packaging, states that the DVD is an R4 PAL disc, yet has a BBFC "PG" rating on it. In fact, the disc is a Region 0 encoded disc, and will work with any R2 player/DVD-Rom drive.

2) The small print on the back of the case, states a running time of 6 hours 2 minutes, over one disc. Again, this is incorrect. The correct time is 185 minutes, total, excluding any and all extras. The disc is a Single sided, dual-layered disc, and there is only one disc included.

3) Bizarrely, the actual disc itself has a small piece of text that states the following: "This disc is for retail use only and it remains the property of Universal Studieos. All rights Reserved." Does anyone know why this disc is for "retail use only"?

Lastly, the back cover of the DVD states that the disc includes the Pilot Episode from Series 1, and a Series 2 Pilot Episode. In fact, you actually get:

The Incredible Hulk TV Series - Pilot Episode #1 "The Incredible Hulk" (90 minutes) from 1977, and

The Incredible Hulk TV Series, Season 2, Episodes 1 and 2 "Married" (Parts 1 and 2 edited together into another feature-length film).

I wish Universal would employ better quality controllers, as they seem to keep on making so many errors on their TV series releases.

Pooch

2. Spooksta

Spooksta

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +304
    Humm would not mind that myself...