Votes: 3 2.3%

Votes: 1 0.8%

Votes: 3 2.3%

Votes: 1 0.8%

• Total voters

raigraphixs

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
Edward Norton seems to been named as The Incredible Hulk a few days ago, so what do you think?

The new pic begins with Banner on the run, trying to avoid capture long enough to cure the condition that turns him into a misunderstood green menace.

This is the so called remake of the Ang Lee movie and they are trying to forget it ever happened, which i thought was really good and seems silly to re-thread the same story. But this time the empasih (cant spell it!), is on action and fun, rather than drawn out drama of the first.

He's a great actor, is this a risk?, i dont think so, if it flops, a good performance in his next movie should wipe
the bad memories away, but Nortons chooses good roles, so is it a really good script? by Zak Penn (X-Men 2 and 3).

FX's house Rhythm & Hues (Aslan in NARNIA) have got the job to bring the Hulk to life, after many months of
creating a brand new CG Hulk to show to Marvel.

As long as it's completly different from the other remake then I will be interested. To be honest, I haven't seen the other remake fully. I keep falling asleep.

I liked the first even though I wasn't that keen on Eric Bana. Edward Norton? I don't know. As you say, I thought the emphasis in the new one was to be on adventure and fun. Not sure if Norton would be right for this.

All the best
Bri

I think Norton would be great as Banner, the Hulk part would take care of itself.
Look foward to this :thumbsup:

I quite liked the ang lee one, I've watched it a bunch of times. Still, I am looking forward to this being the awesome movie the hulk should be.

I really, really liked Norton in... sorry the first rule of... :p The recent Hulk was a let down for me, so maybe this one will do better!

I agree that the recent Ang Lee 'Hulk' was awful. The only thing that kept me awake was Jennifer Connelly.
A truly awful movie that was a waste (IMHO).

I hope they dont mess this one up, but if Norton is involved then I have my hopes up, as he is a wonderful actor who rarely disappoints

Well, I enjoyed Ang Lee's Hulk! Particularly the comic book split screen. But then I also enjoyed Godzilla :rolleyes:

Well, I enjoyed Ang Lee's Hulk! Particularly the comic book split screen. But then I also enjoyed Godzilla :rolleyes:
Thats what I hated most about the film, I wanted to see a film adoptation of a comic book not to watch a film looking like a comic book, you read a comic book one frame at a time not scan the page and read all the page at once.

Thats what I hated most about the film, I wanted to see a film adoptation of a comic book not to watch a film looking like a comic book, you read a comic book one frame at a time not scan the page and read all the page at once.

Garrett

I kinda liked that but I know where you're coming from. Has anyone seen the HD DVD? Is it a lot better or do you just notice the already obvious CGI even more?

Cheers
Bri

Garrett

I kinda liked that but I know where you're coming from. Has anyone seen the HD DVD? Is it a lot better or do you just notice the already obvious CGI even more?

Cheers
Bri

i think you can see alot more of the detail that has gone into the cgi hulk on HD, i kind of like the fact he looks like something straight out of a comic book and placed in a real environment.

Ang Lee tried to make a different kind of movie with emotion and family drama, instead of the summer popcorn movies that critics hate, but he probably could of choose a different route/ideais, but you get one chance to make a film a success, but for him and the studio it failed.

Well I'm probably one of the few that really enjoyed Hulk. It's a shame Bana is not back, Norton just seems too puny for the role!

Well I'm probably one of the few that really enjoyed Hulk. It's a shame Bana is not back, Norton just seems too puny for the role!

yeh cause bill bixby was a stud muffin ;) lol

frankly all i care about is will they put the theme song back in from the tv series, probably one of the greatest themes ever! do dooooo doo doooooooo, doooo doo doooooo doo dooooooooo.

I don’t know why they have to start from scratch again. rather than get on with a new story. I think everyone know the origin of the Hulk one way or an other that would need to take up time in a new film.

As I mentioned in my post earlier I hated the spilt screens and would have rated the film a lot higher if not for them. It seems people want action every 10 minutes in a film these days or there bored. The slow build up did not bother me.

I too would have liked Bana back on board.

The point with Norton being weedy/puny is that the whole point he is not a hulk he’s a scientist to start with but is the exact opposite when he gets angry.

The point with Norton being weedy/puny is that the whole point he is not a hulk he's a scientist to start with but is the exact opposite when he gets angry.

I don't know he just doesn't feel right for the role. However, he's a great actor and I'm sure he'll make it his own.

Personally, I don't know why they CGI the Hulk.

There are plenty of dudes that with a little camera trickery and a lot of make-up could fill the role, and it looks that much more believable*. The old series with Lou Ferrigno, for instance.

*As much as the Hulk character could ever be described as 'believable' ;)

One of his best imo. I wonder whether he'll bulk up for the Hulk role or as Garrett said just try to remain weedy to give the trasition to the Hulk more gravitas.

Personally, I don't know why they CGI the Hulk.

There are plenty of dudes that with a little camera trickery and a lot of make-up could fill the role, and it looks that much more believable*. The old series with Lou Ferrigno, for instance.
*As much as the Hulk character could ever be described as 'believable' ;)

It's a fine line. The TV Hulk had little in common with the comic but the CGI wasn't that great either. I think if you want something along the lines of the comic it has to be CGI.

All the best
Bri

news on hulk

Will he be grey?

During the interview when asked about Incredible Hulk and if they would use any CGI from the first film, Marvel ex-CEO Avi Arad responded with:

“None, no. It's a new Hulk, new direction, new size, new color, new attitude. Anything that was done before is not in this movie. It's a very different kind of Hulk. It's more of a love story, it's more of a heroic Hulk. It's a kind of Hulk we loved in the show, so it's kind of more influenced by the show than anything else. It's very human, very touching, and huge action.”

When asked if there was any truth to a grey Hulk, he didn't respond initially and said “uh, we'll see”. Given what he said and that response, it's likely that the truth is that the Hulk is grey this time around. He was then asked about how they were able to get someone of such “caliber” as Edward Norton. Avi said, “Let him read the script. Let him meet the team. Let him understand what the character is about, what the journey is about. And he actually turned down Hulk 1, so I guess second time around is more convincing.”

some upcoming movies from Avi Arad stable. :thumbsup:

Captain America (2009) (announced) (executive producer)
Magneto (2009) (announced) (producer)
Deathlok (2008) (announced) (producer)
The Avengers (2009) (announced) (executive producer)
Spider-Man 4 (2009) (announced) (producer)
Wolverine (2008) (announced) (executive producer)
The Hands of Shang-Chi (2007) (announced) (producer)
Sub-Mariner (2008) (announced) (executive producer)
Luke Cage (2008) (announced) (executive producer)
Nick Fury (2008) (announced) (producer)
Ant-Man (2008) (announced) (executive producer)
Iron Fist (2008) (announced) (executive producer)
Thor (2009) (pre-production) (producer)

The Incredible Hulk (2008) (pre-production) (producer)
"Wolverine & the X-Men" (2007) TV Series (pre-production) (executive producer)
The Punisher 2 (2007) (pre-production) (producer)

Iron Man (2008) (filming) (producer)
Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer (2007) (post-production) (producer)

Not being a big reader of the Hulk but wasent the grey Hulk less driven by rage but actuly used his brian?

Raigraphixs, is there any hard news on the Avengers such as the line up?

Cheers
Bri

not that i know off, its 2yrs off, so no cast yet, only fan speculation who they want for the roles.

Not being a big reader of the Hulk but wasent the grey Hulk less driven by rage but actuly used his brian?
Well the green hulk was always meant to be more savage and visceral whilst the gray hulk was meant to be more cunning.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom