The imminant arrival of the Toshiba RD-XS30

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by nunew33, May 29, 2003.

1. nunew33

nunew33
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Lytham St Annes, where people are put out to grass
    Ratings:
    +2
    Isnt it great to see toshiba using the internet as a key tool in marketing new technolgies. The drip feeding of spoilers and continual feed of information has been refreshing NOT!!!!!

Youd think by now these companies would see the benefit of using the internet as a key componant of generating interest in their products.

They had the RDX1 on their web for weeks last year only to not reelease it, now we all know the RD-XS30 is out tomorrow and we still havent seen a UK spec on their UK website.

Poor, very poor

2. yonderblue

yonderblue

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    According to unbeatable.co.uk the Tosh DVD Recorder is not due out till July now ?!?.

3. leeb

leeb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +52
    Couldn't agree more! I emailed Toshiba in April asking about the RD-XS30 and didn't get any reply. Anyone would think they didn't want to sell the machine?!

4. SILVERBACK

SILVERBACK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +73
    to be honest after the disgrace that was the 32ZD26 fiasco and there general attitude towards customer service and quality control i wont go near TOSH again.the fact the release tvs with HUGE FAULTS sorry FEATURES is really bad IMHO.rant over lol

5. nunew33

nunew33
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    But this is hardly unproven technology. Its been on sale in japan for sevral months. This is a 3rd generation machine so surely its a simple matter of slapping on a scart taking off anything useful and adding on the ripoff britain supplement, nothing to it.

Ive tried emailing them too and no response

6. alim

alim

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    When I spoke to them 3 weeks ago they said the details would be posted on the website any day. Well 2 days ago when I phoned they were still giving the same story. It has to be said that the person answering the phone was also frustrated that they were not being given the correct information.

I hear that JVC are also releasing a new DVD recorder in June sometime. I reckon best thing is to wait until July and make a decision on the reviews which should have been done by then.

7. nunew33

nunew33
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    It has to be said that Sony, Toshiba and Panasonic are the worst at using the Web to showcase and market their wares, yet they are the three who produce the better mass market products.

I still dont understand why they dont give online manuals and insist on charging for these.

They seem to think its acceptable to buy their products by either looking at a web picture or seeing it demonstrated in dixons by a chimp who most probably thinks it can boil water in 30 seconds as well as answer the phone and will breakdown in ts first day so you have to have the optional 20 year warranty.

All we want is information and to have it easily accessible and in a timely fashion.

The only website i have found that is always good is canon. Their japonese ones for cameras even walk through every possible option. Its a model that maybe others ought to follow.

Canon 10/10
    Sony 2/10
    Panny 1/10

Toshiba -100/10

8. jeje

jeje

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    yes there is a JVC with 80gb HDD but I don't think there is a dvd recorder, just player it will support DVD-r and +.
    it is the XV-DDV1SLB. they sent me that news paper about their product when I ask something about one of their camcorder.

9. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,265
    No JVC are releasing a HDD/DVD-RAM/-R combo in September/October. It will essentially be a version of there HDS4 only without the SVHS side and with the DVD-RAM/-R drive. Like most modern machines I'm sure it will playback DVD+R as well but it definetly won't record to it. JVC is one of the founding members of DVD-RAM/-R and already have one, high end DVD-RAM player available on the UK market - the HMVDR10. For details goto: http://www.prcdirect.co.uk/PRC/PRC.storefront
    and select 'DVD', 'DVD Recorders'.

They may well have a DVD player/HDD recorder combo on the way as well which is probably the product you heard about. JVC currently has the tecnhological 'edge' with it's set-top HDD technology and is flogging it.

10. mjn

mjn
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,183
    the sony website is terrible for any kind of technical information.....about any of its products

11. General Panic

General Panic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    Just got an e-mail from "Cheap Electricals" re the new Tosh saying "unit available next week , the multi region is automatic and we think it will play RCE disks".
    Price £577 inc vat + del , i thinks it includes vat as the web page kinda contradicts itself... https://secure.cheapelectricals.co.uk/acatalog/Catalogue_DVD_recorder_198.html
    Does this look like a good price to you guys?

Panic

12. ads1

ads1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    Multizonedvd have the rdxs30 in stock, but region 2 only. (£525 inc vat)

Techtronics are also listing it multi region at £599

Andy

13. leeb

leeb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +52
    The RD-XS30 now exists on Toshiba's website!!

14. gringottsdirect

gringottsdirect

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27