The 'Im happy with my GT30/VT30/ST30 thread:)'

Loving my 42ST30!

Very crisp, clear image, lovely colour, very dark blacks, and quite bright, even though contrast is on below 45% and brightness about 30%! 3D is great and some scenes in 3D are amazing (Uncharted has never looked better!)

Also, I agree with the threads putting people off. I spent about a week searching for a TV with similar spec to this TV and couldn't find anything. I was very worried when I ordered it but that was for nothing! No green blobs, no fan noise, no problems whatsoever!

Put me on the happy list!

Uncharted looks better in each incarnation cause Naughty Dog put more work behind each release, here's looking forward to the next & The Last Of Us!!:thumbsup:

Can you even see a picture at those settings?:D would look like a dark black hole on my ST30, what picture mode you using?

Any really. Cinema/true cinema/Photo/Game all look quite bright with these settings. Remember, I'm also in a cave so that may be why ;)

Any really. Cinema/true cinema/Photo/Game all look quite bright with these settings. Remember, I'm also in a cave so that may be why ;)

Well in my room which is really dark I think those settings would be too dark for me
Each to their own though:D

Well in my room which is really dark I think those settings would be too dark for me
Each to their own though:D

Oh I'm not keeping these settings, this is just to run the telly in a bit and then I will increase the settings ;)

:hiya: I' mstill happy with mine. The very slight green tinge i noticed before has gone and all is good.:thumbsup:

:hiya: I' mstill happy with mine. The very slight green tinge i noticed before has gone and all is good.:thumbsup:

:laugh: Fantastic mate glad youre still happy, nice to see a bit of balance on here.:smashin:

I've been reading the woes on the the other thread and was toying with the idea of getting Panasonic in to do the update. i looked at the grey screens where I'd previously seen green tinges and saw none.

Hope you guys get it sorted. As i found out last year with Samsung,there is nohing worse than investing a large chunk of cash in something that is seriously broken but won't get fixed. The companies just stall and stall until they have new models out and then try to sweep the old sets under the carpet.

I've been reading the woes on the the other thread and was toying with the idea of getting Panasonic in to do the update. i looked at the grey screens where I'd previously seen green tinges and saw none.

Hope you guys get it sorted. As i found out last year with Samsung,there is nohing worse than investing a large chunk of cash in something that is seriously broken but won't get fixed. The companies just stall and stall until they have new models out and then try to sweep the old sets under the carpet.

Cheers yeah hoping summit happens in the next few days, the update does effect it so giving it a few more days before going for a refund. Thes are fantastic sets otherwise, real shame all this.

I watched Top Gear on BBC HD and Law Abiding Citizen on 4 HD last night and I have to say i'm chuffed to bits with my GT30. I can't really see how 2D stuff can get much better than that tbh (although i'm sure it will). I also tried a bit of Black Ops in 3D and, wow. Its impressive stuff and i even found myself keeping the glasses on whilst playing MW3 with the 2D->3D conversion.

At least thats 1 happy Panasonic owner.

I've just to the VT30 coming from a V10 and the VT30 really shines, inky blacks and no green tinge on THX. I may eventually get it calibrated and get the projector done at the same time but to me it doesn't look like it needs it as yet. I am a very happy VT30 owner so far, my 3rd Panasonic plasma and by far the best picture.

11 months later and I still love my GT30, so glad I didn't got for a Sony LED. Hopefully this tv will last another 9 years.

Had the screen since July last year - had the update recently and no green blobs or banding anymore! (99% perfect now)

Happy with a brilliant picture !

Hey guys

bought an ST30 yesterday based on numerous reviews and having come from a 720p LG plasma the picture has had me awe struck and am very happy with the panel

However, on searching these forums for breaking in tips and calibration tips i came across numerous unhappy threads about green blobs, fan noise and buzzing

Should i worry about this, i dont want my purchase to be in vain, it took me 5 months to settle on which tv to get

Ive run the test slides and see no green blobs whatsoever, is this a good sign? or is it an issue which develops with use?

Fan noise is audible but not distracting, to me, at least (im easily pleased) and buzzing is only really noticeable when the white slide pops up

Secondly my tv doesnt turn on unless i hold the power button for a few seconds? an issue?

Also when the power is off the standby light flashes between red and orange constantly, what is this?

Overall im very happy but i hope this issues arent massive problems, am i just being paranoid?

Would appreciate any help :)

Last edited:
I came from an LG 720p too and first advice would be - if you cant see the green blobs then stop looking for them. I have been told i have them to a much lesser degree than others - i cannot see them during normal viewing so i am happy but aware - too aware - i wish i had never heard of them :)
Secondly i dont know if my remote takes seconds but it takes more than a simple touch to get the power on.
Thirdly - this is to do with the flashy red and orange - somehow you have set it up to record something with a timer - i did this by mistake once and i cant remember how to get rid of it but i did so i am guessing the info is on here some where - i did find this.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suffolk005
Hi, if you have your manual handy, page 10 gives an explanation
Nice one - I'd looked through the manual but couldn't find anything previously. Looks like this is normal and is linked to having timers set.

Here's what it says in the manual, in case this is useful to anyone in the future...

Power and Timer LED

Red - standby
Green - on
Orange - timer programming on
Orange (flash) - Recording of timer programming, Direct TV recording or one-touch recording in progress
Red with orange flash - Standby with timer programming on, Direct TV recording or one-touch recording

Apart from spending half my life worrying about stupid green things and what nots - im really happy with my TV still :)

thanks for the response! the LG42PQ6000 yeah?

ive stopped looking now as i seem to have working panel :)

and yes, i soon realised it was a tv reminder! spent a good 4 hours trolling the web looking for answered worried sick, how silly i am!

All in all a brilliant set :)

should i bother with running these slides to break it in? im eager to crank up the settings :p

Yep thats the fella - PQ6000 - a good set until i wanted to watch more blu rays.
It is up to you if you want to run the slides - i never did. There are some settings used by tele64 that i use they are in the GT30 calibration thread. As i have no bad issues i have to say just keep it sensible for a few hundred hours then dont go mad - the best picture is not always the brightest picture. There are plenty of threads on "bedding in" etc but i guess as i was at home all the time being house husband - the set got used a lot anyway :)

Has a anyone got any decent setting for post break in, ie for gaming, movies and SD content?

Has a anyone got any decent setting for post break in, ie for gaming, movies and SD content?

Just dont use Dynamic and avoid using high contrast for the first 200. Also use the scrolling bar after gaming to help remove any IR.

Ok .. silly question, but how do you display the damned "hours watched" dialogue on the GT30!? I managed to find instruction on holding "-" and pressing"i" 3 times, but no sausage ...

You need to go into the service menu which can easily result in you bricking your tv. Personally, I'd guess and be done with it. But if you really want to play, then google service menu and remember than when it says press the vol button, it means on the tv not the remote!

Al the Al said:
Ok .. silly question, but how do you display the damned "hours watched" dialogue on the GT30!? I managed to find instruction on holding "-" and pressing"i" 3 times, but no sausage ...

Press 0 3 times instead of i.

doesnt this reset everything back to shipping condition?

Ohh Ricky .. if only I had the patience to wait for your comment! ;) Yes, it bleedin' well does!!! Pressed TV minus along with "i" on the remote and it gave me a status screen that I couldn't get rid of (everything reporting OK). Powered off and on and it was the initial setup like new again. A good 15 minutes I'll not get back again ;)

oh dear, you wont bother with that again in a hurry then mate!

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom