The "I'm enjoying my iPhone 4" Thread!

BMox81

Distinguished Member
Now I know that there are quite a few of you that are having problems - be it with reception, SIM or yellow blob related.

But I'm sure that it's not all doom and gloom and there must be a few of you out there who are actually enjoying their new iPhone 4's!

Me personally, pretty much all my reasons for potentially NOT getting one have forced me to eat a load of humble pie.

Screen - immense! Like having a mini HDTV in your pocket. The clarity is just unbelievable.
Speed - My lord it zooms! As I've come from a 3G, this has been one of the major things I've noticed. Even web pages on the old edge network just glide.
Camera - awesome pics and the added flash makes so much more difference!

I'm actually looking forward to getting iMovie and trying out the 720p recording!

So if you're enjoying your new iPhone experience, let us all know!

New Start Neil

Distinguished Member
Now I know that there are quite a few of you that are having problems - be it with reception, SIM or yellow blob related.

But I'm sure that it's not all doom and gloom and there must be a few of you out there who are actually enjoying their new iPhone 4's!

Me personally, pretty much all my reasons for potentially NOT getting one have forced me to eat a load of humble pie.

Screen - immense! Like having a mini HDTV in your pocket. The clarity is just unbelievable.
Speed - My lord it zooms! As I've come from a 3G, this has been one of the major things I've noticed. Even web pages on the old edge network just glide.
Camera - awesome pics and the added flash makes so much more difference!

I'm actually looking forward to getting iMovie and trying out the 720p recording!

I'm loving mine for pretty much the same reason as you, as I've also come from a 3G.

I played about with folders a little last night, which was cool and I'm to get some use of of the still and video cameras today to see what they are like.

Very impressed so far. :thumbsup:

RajP

Distinguished Member
So far. I am very happy with mine too... I love the speed of operation on Wifi when browsing the web, Facebook etc... the only thing I am missing is the SBSETTINGS app which I can't install until a Jail Break is release for the IP4...

oasismark

Distinguished Member

iMovie came out yesterday, (£2.99)

I got signal probs, but everything apart from that is amazing.

I was doing speed tests last night comparing my 3G and the iP4 over wifi.

3G was ~5MB/s iP4 was ~10MB/s

So on the same wifi connection the iP4 was double the speed!

windfall

I'm loving mine for pretty much the same reason as you, as I've also come from a 3G.

I played about with folders a little last night, which was cool and I'm to get some use of of the still and video cameras today to see what they are like.

Very impressed so far. :thumbsup:
Yep me too - way better then the 3G those that say there is no difference need to go to specsavers....:D

Honestly the whole device is great but the signal loss in my hand is a problem, but I'm sure it will get sorted - far too many positives (even at £599) to be negative.

Tone

Nuggsy

Novice Member
Love it - the 3GS was my favourite gadget but the iPhone 4 beats it all ends up!
1. The screen is awesome
2. It's much faster than 3GS
3. The overall design is a winner for me
4. Camera is much improved

Very satisfied with the buy & am now looking forward to my mates upgrading so I can use FaceTime.
An official Jailbreak would be nice too :devil:

darren68uk

had min since yesterday morning love it to bits, :thumbsup:

have to say hearing all the woos frightened me to death:devil:

but touch wood or shall i say glass, i have not had a single problem yet

i spent some time last night at work grabing it all around but no loss of signal

and just spent 5 mins on a call no problem:D

only thing i need to sort is somehow getting it to fit more stably in my brodit in car holder in my mini, it sits and charges but is just abit wobbly,

did wonder if the apple bumper would help it, but thats an expensive test!! and did put up a3gs against mine instore with bumper on and mine was just wider by a smidgen!!

p.s really feel for you guys with problems, hope you get them sorted coz its one awesome phone:smashin:

spikeyjac

I love mine, just hope the signal dropping doesn't affect me too much :-(

Greg66

I got home quite late last night and set about getting Mrs G66's 4G up and running. Didn't take too long. but I have to admit being slightly underwhelmed. I think it was because
(a) it looks exactly like her old one (restored from backup, so the screens are all the same; possibly not therefore showcasing retina vision that well);
(b) I had to hand it over to her for playtime almost immediately;
(c) although it knocks the spots off my 3G, I was pretty happy to pick up my iPad after I'd handed it over;
(d) she had 40 mins of frustration waiting for BT's mail servers to wake up, so couldn't get any emails downloaded to it. Not the phone's fault, admittedly, but a bit of a pain.
(e) THERE ARE NO CASES TO SPEAK OF FOR IT! Is this because Engadget's find caused the launch to be accelerated, I wonder? It's now sitting in her 3G case, which is a bad fit - like a boy in his Dad's suit. My preference is for the Marware Sportgrips, but they look to be at least two weeks away.

No pleasing some people, I suppose...

pprovart

Standard Member
Well so far....... AWESOME!!!

Fast, fast fast... lost of great aps, easy to use and just "feels" gorgeous..!

Glad i changed from my blackberry Bold to the iphone 4.

Just a few things i miss from Blackberry...
1) Multiple profiles, which was a fabulous feature to customise tones, alerts etc in a profile eg Silent, Loud, Home...
errr thats it so far..

and it FEELSa quality product..

The brown tint is apparently the screen glue not havign harden yet, it will clear, and as far as signal goes , yeah thats poor engineering... but most people will get a bumper anyhow to protect their pretty iphones form bumps..so problem solved... so stop whinging!

IPHONE 4 ROCKS

Lancia34

Distinguished Member
Going from a 3G to iPhone 4 - it's awesome. I got an iPad a month ago and I have to say that this is just like a mini version of it - so fast and the screen is crystal clear.
I had already put iOS4 on my 3G but loving the new multi-task and the camera is excellent.

Plus - it looks sooooo gorgeous :)

freemo999

Build Quality feels awesome

Screen is by far the best i have seen on a mobile device, when places next to my 3GS, it looks so blurry. Very similar to the diff between ITV and ITV HD when u switch over during the football.

Speed - Overall phone feels a lot snappier

I am over the moon with my new iPhone, yes ok the reception issue I am able to recreate but its not a problem to me as i hold the phone in a way that does not effect signal (not that I agree it is acceptable- there is no way its going back tho !!)

One very happy User

OrigamiNinja

Impressed so far.

I too have upgraded from the 3G so the speed improvements are unreal, no more of them annoying grey/blue boxes on the screen while I wait for a webpage to download! :thumbsup:

The quality of what you see on screen is also a huge improvement, retina screen = :smashin:

Most things when it comes to using it feel very familiar which is great, if it aint broke dont fix it!

I think I am going to be in the minority with my next comment though.........................................I dont think the Iphone4 is as pleasing on the eye as the 3G, I was a big fan of the curved look whereas the Iphone4 is a bit "boxey"! Im sure I will get used to it but at this moment in time I think the change in shape is a backwards step! :thumbsdow

norealplan

Great thread!

I'm loving the new iPhone. The screen is simply stunning!

Speed of it is great, and iMovie I'm very impressed with (for those moaning on the net, you're editing 720p HD footage on something that's thinner than your finger!)

My one criticism? It's now made my iPad screen looks pants, so definitely going to upgrade that next year now :suicide: :rotfl:

andrew markwort

Novice Member
Same here - it's great. Don't know what the beef is about signal strength, it seems fine to me.

I'm also pleased that my old 'physical' accessories (charger, wallet, etc) all work with the new one. The one exception is the peel on screen protectors - they fit fine everywhere except the ear piece at the top. I've ordered some of the new ones, but until they arrive, just cutting a little notch out of the top of one of a spare 3G protector and use that.

Mushy20k

Standard Member
Hell yea i,m loving my new iphone i sold my 3g 3 months ago in prep for my new one,i,m not really having the reception problems myself maybe the way i hold the phone, my only problem is as was with my old phone is keeping it sparkling and shiny with a soft cloth lol...:clap:

akki007

Novice Member
The antenna (apart from the obvious) is better, I get a full 3G signal in the basement of my office where I got No Service on my 3GS which is amazing!

I echo all of the above, the iPhone 4 really as an absolute beauty....but the signal issue..... unacceptable.

SteveU30

Distinguished Member
What can I say, I absolutely love it! What a massive step up from a 3G.

It's lightning fast and just oozes quality!

I just can't wait to get it out of this crap Gear4 blackice case and into a black bumper/invisible shield combo next week.

gbailey141

+1:smashin:

mrash

Novice Member
Pix or it never happened! :devil:
So many disbelievers...:laugh:

It's a Griffin case and is really good quality. Doesnt add extra bulk to the phone at all, and all the buttons work without problems. The outside is a soft silicone, while the back is a harder plastic. Great Quality. £19.

UrbanT

Distinguished Member
Love mine too. Screen is great, better reception at work, GPS appears more accurate with Ndrive, Facetime is great. Would just like an Incipio Feather ASAP, otherwise I'm very impressed.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Philips OLED+935 impressions, Denon AVC110 Review, Film Reviews, News and More...

Latest News

Samsung updates and expands access to Samsung TV Plus
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Disney+ UK introduces GroupWatch co-viewing feature
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
What's new on Netflix UK for November 2020
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Harman Kardon launches Citation Amp
  • By Andy Bassett