Question The "I promise I won't ask any more questions" Soundbar recommendation query.

Discussion in 'Soundbars, Soundplates & Soundbases' started by Alphatyrant, Feb 27, 2018.

1. Alphatyrant

Alphatyrant

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +168
    Hi folks, with my newly acquired LGOled 55"B7 arriving this week and the temptation to pick up either the Sony X-800 or the Panasonic UB900 4K player I'd like a new soundbar to go with.

I don't need anything to grandiose but would like one that'll serve me well for standard viewing as well as give a bit of oomph for movies. Not bothered about surround sound and I have an old sub woofer that would still be ok (or failing that add a new one at a later date). So another issue of compatibility raises its ugly head with all these different models as well.

Forgive me but I'm relatively new to this kind of thing. My budget is around the £400 Mark but could stretch a little more at a push.

Any help would be most appreciated.

Sorry for the blabbering on :D

Al

2. Alphatyrant

Alphatyrant

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +168
    Anyone??

3. Joe Fernand

Joe Fernand
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,436
    Quite a few Soundbar Reviews here on AVF - Soundbar Reviews, News & Articles | AVForums

As ever your Room/Room Layout/Mounting options will dictate which Soundbar may suit you best - Connectivity is also important, you may want to use your TV as the 'Hub' with ARC or Optical Out to the Soundbar.

Joe