The hype begins

Discussion in 'Playstation Forums' started by ricki1980, Aug 26, 2006.

1. ricki1980

ricki1980

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +248
  2. Smak

Smak

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +182
  3. ricki1980

ricki1980

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +248
    Point being? different story and different link? how many Joe Public go to IGN.COM?

The hype is from sites like bbc news?

4. Jordans Norks

Jordans Norks
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +56
    Point being the thread has been discussed fully before (the source website is irrelevant)

5. Smak

Smak

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +182
    How is this hype?

6. Ethan2000

Ethan2000

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +65
    I have no intrest in xbox360 and have chosen to buy a ps3, so for that reason I don't post in the 360 forum or read the forum, I certainly don't post inflammatory articles in it. I just wonder what reaction people expect with these posts. If you don't want a ps3 or don't think its any good thats fine but why badmouth it ? I don't feel the need to bad mouth the 360, I don't want one, so ergo I have no intrest in it or what it can and can't do. I just feel all this is getting childish now. My dad is harder than yours :D

7. Jordans Norks

Jordans Norks
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +56
    A good point but I finding it difficult to understand why you mentioned it here.

I thought the thread was taking a pop at the quite ridiculous hype machines of Sony and MS. The thread has been done before though.

The're games consoles for ****s sake and I for one am looking forward to playing all three (yes, I'll get a WII too). For me it's all about the games!

Then again I'll get a PS3 from day one even if there is't a killer launch title because I love my gadgets and what to make my mind up regarding Blue ray.

I'll think your find alot more 360 owners like myself coming to this forum as the launch date approaches - not MS fanboys, but gamers, since there's actually something worth discussing now.

8. CAS FAN

CAS FAN
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8,371
    ^^ Agreed, the 360 fanboys will stay in the 360 forum, but gamers (who have been frequenting the 360 forum because basically the 360 has been the big thing in gaming over the last year) will start showing more interest in the PS3 & Wii as launch nears and more info becomes available.

Up until now this forum has been pretty barren, populated mainly by a few PS3 fans (nothing wrong with that as each console has them and if some people wish to favour just one console then that's entirely up to them) but hopefully it should become a busy area soon - things are already picking up in here.

I don't think we'll see the same crazyness that surrounded the 360 launch on here as there are far more MS fans than Sony fans on this forum. I'm sure the PS3 launch will attract a lot of new members though - just as the 360 launch did.

9. Ethan2000

Ethan2000

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +65
    Yeah the more competiton the better, as we all know it makes both companies try harder to please, which is nice.

10. ricki1980

ricki1980

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +248
    Fan boy ? Bad mouthing? - I think you will find I was simply making an observation about an article I saw, that tends to create alot of hype in kids and parents and also in the mainstream press?

Just a couple of points before im banished for ever:hiya:

1) I will be the 1st picking up my PS3 on the 17th Nov.

2) DELETED BY MOD

[MOD COMMENT]Please do not circumvent the swear filter, and if you have a point to make, do it without the insults. Member warned.