The Hurt Locker 4K Dolby Vision Blu-ray Review & Comments

mb3195

Distinguished Member
Only ever seen this once, don’t remember liking it much but might have to give it another go.

Thanks for the review Cas.

aandpwoodley

Distinguished Member
Not easy or cheap to get this to the UK, shame as I would like to watch this again.

kahlua

Didn't see this coming, thanks for the review, have this on Blu-ray may have to find a way to get the 4k.

Jim Di Griz

Distinguished Member
Thanks for the review Cas - will definitely be picking this up in 4K but not this steelbook which I really don't like at all - the old one is much better!

Evinger

Distinguished Member
Thanks for the review, Cas. Bloody shame it's so limited - hopefully we'll get a regular 4K release over here eventually.

Nayfne

Distinguished Member
Got the US version of this on iTunes/Apple TV..Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos, I thought it looked and sounded great..still no substitute for the physical version...Nice review Cas.

Zarf2007

its a great film but I don't like the way they make the brit special forces group look like a bunch of bungling amateurs....

Wedlock

Got this a little while ago but it's an amazing looking disc and the Atmos track is excellent.
Lionsgate is killing it with all these wonderful looking Steelbooks !
Can't wait for Universal Soldier to arrive in June 😍

Goonerdude

Now that the BB steelbook of Hacksaw Ridge is getting a UK release on the 30 May hopefully The Hurt Locker will follow suit in due time rather paying the crazy import prices.

Garioch

Distinguished Member
I'm seriously impressed that you received the disc, watched it and reviewed it in less than 24 hours!

Thanks for the review. It is a nice looking set and I'm a fan of the artwork. Nice transparent Slipcover too. Sounds like this could be reference atmos material. I'm looking forward to giving this a spin!

Jaxkesa

The Atmos soundtrack on this is amazing. There are some parts where sound literally seems to be coming from parts of my living room where there are no speakers. I know that's the whole idea but it's much more noticeable than I've heard before.

Last edited:

encaser

I can't say I'd be persuaded to buy this, compelling review aside; as I originally wanted to see Guy Pearce lead not Renner, the Brit's as needy idiots grated, as did that crazy drawn out tent scene build up and fight which felt so self-indulgent.
Apart from that, I loved it.

FevreDream

I hate to be the pedantic one but The Loveless was Bigelow's first film, which she co-wrote and co-directed in 1981. Anyway The Hurt Locker is a good film, it has its flaws, but still very good. Hopefully it will get a UK 4K release at some point in the future. Near Dark is still my personal favourite of hers though. I wouldn't mind a 4K disc of that, come on Arrow or Second Sight you know you want to. :D

Casimir Harlow

Blu-ray Reviewer
I hate to be the pedantic one but The Loveless was Bigelow's first film, which she co-wrote and co-directed in 1981. Anyway The Hurt Locker is a good film, it has its flaws, but still very good. Hopefully it will get a UK 4K release at some point in the future. Near Dark is still my personal favourite of hers though. I wouldn't mind a 4K disc of that, come on Arrow or Second Sight you know you want to. :D

Meh. Co-directed.

SMeister

its a great film but I don't like the way they make the brit special forces group look like a bunch of bungling amateurs....
Quite common in a lot of Hollywood films, Brits made to look second best. Best one was U571, pretty much took credit for retrieving the Enigma device and code books when it was actually the crew of HMS Bulldog.

Nocturnal

Maybe better waiting for the forthcoming Ukrainian war hero films instead.

Always amazed at how good the rival Iraqi sniper did with an AK-47 wiping out the SAS and nearly getting Renner before the black guy suddenly transforms into Vassili Grigoryevich Zaitsev. 🤔

I liked the Hurt Locker even if it was no Full Metal Jacket, picked up the BluRay in a charity shop for £1 in mint condition helped... £40 I think not 😎

Last edited:

Ivor B

Ooh I love this movie. The best explosions in cinema I have ever heard. Just incredible. Would definitely be up for upgrading my blu-ray copy were it not for all the caveats.

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic LZ2000, LZ1500 & LZ980 Hands-on Launch Event | No QD-OLED for 2022, new 77-inch for LZ2000
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

Sonos announces new Ray soundbar
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
Sony set to launch WH-1000XM5 wireless headphones
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
VIDEO: Panasonic LZ2000, LZ1500 & LZ980 Hands-on Launch Event
  • By Phil Hinton
  • Published
Panasonic unveils its 2022 OLED and Core LED TV collection