The Hunter - Call of the wild - Resolution?

I believe it is 900p on base console and >1080p on Pro.

They confirmed on Twitter that it will run at a higher resolution on the pro over the base PS4 but didn’t say what resolution I hope it will be higher than 1080p though at least 1440p

Ok, thanks.

What native resolution should the monitor have if the game would be in 1440p in order to get the best picture possible. I ask because the ps4 doesnt allow to set the video ouput on 1440p.

With which option you think I will have the best picture (on PS4 Pro and the Game I'm aiming for plays on 1260p (not 2160p)):

1. With a 1080p monitor
2. With a 1440p monitor
3. With a 2160p monitor

With which option you think I will have the best picture (on PS4 Pro and the Game I'm aiming for plays on 1260p (not 2160p)):

1. With a 1080p monitor
2. With a 1440p monitor
3. With a 2160p monitor

It will have to be a 2160p monitor to output any higher resolution than 1080p on the PS4 pro

Last edited:
It’s here :)
IMG_0370.jpg

Played the Hunter on the PC when it first came out and really loved the game. It progressed to multi player and lots of animals and maps added.
Now this new ones out on console I've jumped at it, the visuals are fantastic and it's my type of gameplay. Slow paced which is nice for a change.

Played the Hunter on the PC when it first came out and really loved the game. It progressed to multi player and lots of animals and maps added.
Now this new ones out on console I've jumped at it, the visuals are fantastic and it's my type of gameplay. Slow paced which is nice for a change.
Just had a few hours on this and loved it. I sat for about 10 minutes having a cuppa and watching the sun rise over a distant mountain range it was so good.

I built this hide and while scanning a fox let out an alarm call right next to me, it made me jump and swear . :laugh:

Last edited:
Just had a few hours on this and loved it. I sat for about 10 minutes having a cuppa and watching the sun rise over a distant mountain range it was so good.

I built this hide and while scanning a fox let out an alarm call right next to me, it made me jump and swear . :laugh:

It’s a really nice looking game. Managed a few hours on it last night and really liked how it plays.
It’s a chill out game for sure which is a nice change.
Will be interesting to see how it develops over time, I’m hoping they bring back the pheasants as I loved stalking them in the Hunter and taking them down with the side by side.

Loving the change of pace with this, really have to be patient when stalking your prey, I've been trying to do a task to 'Harvest 2 Fallow Deer' at some cornfields and I've still not done it. Its a very early quest as well but I keep getting the timing wrong or I shoot and wound the animal only for it to run and die somewhere but can I find the body? can I heck as like!

Even though you can play it for hours and see nothing the dynamic lighting and environments alone make this game so immersive at times.My only gripe is that for the first hour or so it throws so much at you and the text boxes don't stay on screen long enough for me to digest the info and I do have to tell my kids shush whilst I'm listening out for prey in the bushes.

"be very quiet, I'm hunting wabbits"

:laugh: I am soooo glad I am not the only one having trouble with this.

I had to leave the European map because it was almost impossible for me to do anything. I sat for three in game days in a hide hidden in some trees watching a NEED location so I could take a photo of a Deer. I never saw anything in that time other than a red squirrel.

Once I moved to the American map it has wildlife everywhere and to me is much easier. Yeah it still runs off because the grass I walk on is like bubble wrap but at least I am seeing life.

I now feel sorry for Elmer Fudd. :laugh:

My game hasn't froze but when I zoom out on my map it staggers for about 5 to 10 seconds then changes colour from a deep brown/reddish colour. It does this every time I open my map.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom