The hunt: cabinet/av rack

stonesy

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi guys just wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction.

I'm looking for a clean/sleek cabinet or av rack that will hide everything (mainly wires) without costing the earth, I've seen this one - (Picture was from Martin D' post in the show your 360 thread)
gaming_room.jpg

I cant find anything that's similar to this in the usual ikea route, so was wondering if anyone knew of something similar? I noticed a post about G&G group has anyone used there services in the past as I wouldn't mind paying for it to be built providing it was reasnobly priced.

Also about G&G I've seen there av open rack stand (i know I said I wanted hidden but it's gorgeous!) I know it's pictured having an amplifier on it, but how exactly would one go about attaching that to the wall? I'm in rented accom you see so I want to keep drilling to an absolute minimum so im curious as to how much drilling is needed to cope with that weight.

AV_0020_panel_0020_installtion.jpg
http://i724.photobucket.com/albums/ww248/gandg-group/AV_0020_panel_0020_installtion.jpg

Cheers guys!http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p23/martin_j_d/gaming_room.jpg

I nearly forgot to say - this is for my a living room home cinema installation, I don't intend having a TV so a tv stand is out the question really unless it's similar to the 1st pic i posted.

ok now i'm irate >_<

I found the perfect piece of furniture only to find out the depth is absolutely crap @ 40cm which is no use as my amplifier is over about 43-44cm.

Unexpected error occurred - Tesco.Direct

Nice range of furniture though!

Last edited:
where did u see the open rack? it looks exactly what im after?
thanks

srry being an idiot, found it!

Last edited:
haha no problem mate, I found it trawling another thread on here - it's £120 approx I think and that company can customise it how you want.

im def gonna get one! just need to move into my house first

I'm still curious as to how the hell it's attached to the wall, I mean I gather it's gotta be an external wall by the looks of things purely for strength - but how on earth it's bolted/screwed I don't know, looks like it would need some serious length into the wall to cover the weight of the amp.

I went for a cabinet with a frosted glass front. That gets rid of the cables and the rest of the ugliness: AV cabinet with frosted glass front.

It does not need to be a dedicated AV cabinet, it can be just any standard piece of furniture.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom