• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

The hunt: cabinet/av rack

stonesy

Standard Member
Hi guys just wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction.

I'm looking for a clean/sleek cabinet or av rack that will hide everything (mainly wires) without costing the earth, I've seen this one - (Picture was from Martin D' post in the show your 360 thread)
gaming_room.jpg

I cant find anything that's similar to this in the usual ikea route, so was wondering if anyone knew of something similar? I noticed a post about G&G group has anyone used there services in the past as I wouldn't mind paying for it to be built providing it was reasnobly priced.

Also about G&G I've seen there av open rack stand (i know I said I wanted hidden but it's gorgeous!) I know it's pictured having an amplifier on it, but how exactly would one go about attaching that to the wall? I'm in rented accom you see so I want to keep drilling to an absolute minimum so im curious as to how much drilling is needed to cope with that weight.

AV_0020_panel_0020_installtion.jpg
http://i724.photobucket.com/albums/ww248/gandg-group/AV_0020_panel_0020_installtion.jpg

Cheers guys!http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p23/martin_j_d/gaming_room.jpg

stonesy

Standard Member
I nearly forgot to say - this is for my a living room home cinema installation, I don't intend having a TV so a tv stand is out the question really unless it's similar to the 1st pic i posted.

stonesy

Standard Member
ok now i'm irate >_<

I found the perfect piece of furniture only to find out the depth is absolutely crap @ 40cm which is no use as my amplifier is over about 43-44cm.

Unexpected error occurred - Tesco.Direct

Nice range of furniture though!

Last edited:

tiffjordan360

Standard Member
where did u see the open rack? it looks exactly what im after?
thanks

srry being an idiot, found it!

Last edited:

stonesy

Standard Member
haha no problem mate, I found it trawling another thread on here - it's £120 approx I think and that company can customise it how you want.

stonesy

Standard Member
I'm still curious as to how the hell it's attached to the wall, I mean I gather it's gotta be an external wall by the looks of things purely for strength - but how on earth it's bolted/screwed I don't know, looks like it would need some serious length into the wall to cover the weight of the amp.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom