The Hulk......

paulr

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Just seen it and i have to say its very slow,some good scenes later on but overall a bit of a disapointment.....

Not as good as Spiderman..

Hi,

Considering "Spider-Man" was pretty ropey in the first place, that's hardly much of a compliment, is it?! :rotfl:

Pooch

I hated the Hulk, I really did. It was really slow, seemed extremely long, and all the action you've seen in the previews was basically it.

I have just booked the tickets to see this tonight. I loved the series the comic book was ok. I was looking forward to this film but heard it is slow with not much action :rolleyes:

saw this tonite and wasnt expecting much.....to my suprise both the wife and myself loved it.....

i sposse you need a bit of slow moving to set the sceane...but when he was athe hulk it was great.....FX were better then i thought they would be...bring on the sequal

hi,

Saw it over the weekend. Could of been 30 mins less. But really enjoyed it. Hulk didnt seem to look out of place. Nice action. Watch it again on dvd. Thought it was gonna be senimental and serious, but some of it was OTT.

rai

very slow and too long. Some lovely touches from Ang mind you

ending was very ropey to say the least

and where was the hulk ending music????

No Hulk ending music?
Well, if there was no Hulk ending music then it aint worth ****!

I saw a preview for this on sky last night and ithought the cgi looked utterly ridiculous and cartoon like. maybe it was the fact he was 15ft tall i dont know. But there is no point building the drama of the character if the character then turns out to look rubber

Hi,

I think that the CGI Hulk was utterly appalling! Give me the 70's TV series, with a green make-up covered Lou Ferrigno any day of the week!!

If this is the best effects that Hollywood can come up with, they may as well stop making films, because it seems nowadays the effects industry is starting to rely too much on CGI material! What happened to realism in effects?!

Pooch

I haven't seen the Hulk yet, but the CGI doesn't look too bad in the trailers.
I really like CGI but agree that it shouldn’t be used in some cases. One of the things that bugged me about Die Another Day was all the obvious computer effects - James Bond films should have real stunts and explosions (and no ridiculous invisible cars).

Hi,

Whilst watching the film, the Hulk does gel very well in the film, and i forgot all about how false he looked in the trailers. The fact he looks larger than life, and his comic book history works well for him in the movie.

I was dissappointed that the direction and the camera angles were nothing special, also the look of the film, eg the lighting, well pretty normal.

Out of interest, i watched a little bit of Stuart Little 2 last night, the direction was great, with all the excellent cgi of the falcon and margo (the yellow bird), i was glued to how much persontalities these cgi characters had.

Also the camera moves were great with falls of buldings, birds swooping, car chases. Now i know SL2 is not gonna win many prizes, but in terms of techinical avchieivement, i thought it was way better than the hulk, and tens times more entertaining.

rai

Ah Stuart Little absolute class film

Probably the best kids film in years

2 is good but not as good

Saw Hulk this morning...good film spoiled by way over the top CGI Hulk.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom