The Howling 4K Blu-ray Review & Comments

UMAR 3:16

Never seen this, it’s on the list!

Tim2049

Really good review! Very tempted to blind buy this one.

In saying that, i attempted to watch both Howling 3 & 4 last night. Sweet Jesus, what a waste of time. You could create scarier monsters by rolling a turd across a barbershop floor.

Jim Di Griz

Distinguished Member

In saying that, i attempted to watch both Howling 3 & 4 last night. Sweet Jesus, what a waste of time. You could create scarier monsters by rolling a turd across a barbershop floor.
Howling 2 is a sequel for the ages.. ;)

Jessica Noir

A very fair review! Few films scared me as a kid as well as the opening set piece in The Howling. It's like Cruising distilled into a ten minute scene of seediness and the threat of sexual violence. Looking forward to picking this up in time for Halloween.

Jessica Noir

Howling 3 is just bonkers. The bit where the ballerina turns into the werewolf mid-dance shouldn't work and it definitely doesn't.

eegah

Received my steel book from Zavvi last week, really looking forward to watching this but I'm still on a plasma and I can't decide which new tv to buy.

golden phoenix

Distinguished Member
Thanks for review Simon. One of my fav films from early eighties and includes a young crush of mine dee Wallace stone of ET fame ( what happened to her ) ..I cant help but think that it now looks cheesy as hell. I hope it's on streaming platforms would like to revisit but now but

moraghan

Got me to thinking ... there really are not that many decent werewolf movies .. as they are so hard to pull off.

Dog Soldiers
American Werewolf

Liked The Howling when I was young ... but Jeez .... cheesy as hell now.

Any recommendations?

Vid

Distinguished Member
there really are not that many decent werewolf movies .. as they are so hard to pull off.

ooh-matron-kenneth-williams-carry-on-camping.gif

Last edited:

Mark Costello

Distinguished Member
Got me to thinking ... there really are not that many decent werewolf movies .. as they are so hard to pull off.

Dog Soldiers
American Werewolf

Liked The Howling when I was young ... but Jeez .... cheesy as hell now.

Any recommendations?
Ginger Snaps
Late Phases
Good Manners
Wer
Wolfen
Company of Wolves
And….er……The Wolfman remake (shoot me but I dig it!)

bodhi

Standard Member
I second Ginger Snaps. Subversive, a bit like Heathers meets American Werewolf, but actually pretty decent.

moraghan

I have seen and liked Ginger Snaps but somehow completely forgot about it.

I didn't actually forget Wolfman .. but was a bit embarrassed to put it down ... but heck ... now I know I am not the only one who liked it.

Didn't like Late Phases or Company Of Wolves much though.

Will check out the rest. Thanks all.

Garrett

And….er……The Wolfman remake (shoot me but I dig it!)
not 10 minutes ago before reading your post I was thinking it was not that bad and picked the steelbook of it but still in wraps and was thinking of cracking it open for Halloween.
Just been reading the Director Cuts better and looked on the steel and it has both versions.:clap:

terencejames

I have to say, Cas makes a good point about older films being exposed when upgraded to 4k. I watched First Blood a while back and Stallones stunt man looks nothing like him.

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic LZ2000, LZ1500 & LZ980 Hands-on Launch Event | No QD-OLED for 2022, new 77-inch for LZ2000
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom