The "How much are these steelbooks worth?" Thread

Im not getting pulled back in at all, got hundreds of steelbooks im not interested in much now and cant sell as its too much hassle, just want to do the joblot thing.

Ive got maybe 3 steelbooks on preorder and very little im up for getting this year. Ive thought about selling them all as im into funko pop vinyls now (one addiction for another) so yeah steelbooks are just taking up space and I don't know what to do with them.

What steelbooks have jumped in value? I know the transformers were pretty high as I sold a set on ebay but looking to sell all 4 uk steels plus all 4 indiana jones and the 2 star wars trilogies. Any prices?

Im not getting pulled back in at all, got hundreds of steelbooks im not interested in much now and cant sell as its too much hassle, just want to do the joblot thing.

Ive got maybe 3 steelbooks on preorder and very little im up for getting this year. Ive thought about selling them all as im into funko pop vinyls now (one addiction for another) so yeah steelbooks are just taking up space and I don't know what to do with them.

What steelbooks have jumped in value? I know the transformers were pretty high as I sold a set on ebay but looking to sell all 4 uk steels plus all 4 indiana jones and the 2 star wars trilogies. Any prices?

I've seen the Star Wars on ebay for £23 sold. There's a chap on the classifieds with both sealed for £30 each, no biters.

Ahh a but less than I hoped but ok.

Any older releases suddenly gaining value? I might have to go through everything again to see whats a definite sell. Thats most of them I think but some like the godfather trilogy or kick-ass ones id keep. Is Worlds End still high?

Hello,

Shifting a couple on to make some money for the decorating of our living room, anyone able to confirm what i should be looking at for a Sealed PLAY exclusive black hawk down?

Ahh a but less than I hoped but ok.

Any older releases suddenly gaining value? I might have to go through everything again to see whats a definite sell. Thats most of them I think but some like the godfather trilogy or kick-ass ones id keep. Is Worlds End still high?

I saw a WE up for £25 on Sunday, still sealed so looks like it's retaining its price somewhat.

Hello,

Shifting a couple on to make some money for the decorating of our living room, anyone able to confirm what i should be looking at for a Sealed PLAY exclusive black hawk down?

Think I mentioned this before but people are paying some strange prices for this. I would expect around 20-30 here or a bit more elsewhere.

Just putting together a list of a few SB's that i will try and sell soon on the classifieds.

Struggling with a couple though.

Think i've read somewhere around these parts that the once, sought after Star Trek x1 (play) is not worth anything now (re released).

I've the Canadian (Futureshop) release of this (very similar i believe).

Would that be worth peanuts now too?

Wall E - Futureshop. Probably my most prized of Steelbooks.

Can't find any mention in the classifieds. One sold recently on ebay for about £106 though :eek:

Would that be about right?

TIA

Just putting together a list of a few SB's that i will try and sell soon on the classifieds.

Struggling with a couple though.

Think i've read somewhere around these parts that the once, sought after Star Trek x1 (play) is not worth anything now (re released).

I've the Canadian (Futureshop) release of this (very similar i believe).

Would that be worth peanuts now too?

Wall E - Futureshop. Probably my most prized of Steelbooks.

Can't find any mention in the classifieds. One sold recently on ebay for about £106 though :eek:

Would that be about right?

TIA

Not sure, but did recently see that Wall E on Gumtree with The Incredibles for £70 the pair.

How much would a sealed copy of Public Enemies futurepak sell for?

Last edited:
I've got a sealed and seemingly mint UK (Zavvi) Finding Nemo. I think they were going for £30 last Summer, does that still sound a fair price?

Can anyone give me a guide to price for these all sealed

Jfk italy
Avengers china
Matrix japan
Apocalypse now italy

Thanks

Hi Guys, What's the going rate for a sealed copy of Big Trouble in Little China?

eBay it is then, thanks :)

ok, I have the Japanese Dredd steelbook, and my question about value I suppose is driven by the "impending" Zavvi release.

What sort of price do you think can be attached to an open/mint Japanese Dredd? I see sealed items fetch around the £50-£60 mark on The Bay, and open/mint anywhere between £30-£45. Do you think those figures are about right?

ok, I have the Japanese Dredd steelbook, and my question about value I suppose is driven by the "impending" Zavvi release.

What sort of price do you think can be attached to an open/mint Japanese Dredd? I see sealed items fetch around the £50-£60 mark on The Bay, and open/mint anywhere between £30-£45. Do you think those figures are about right?

I would wait until you see what Zavvi come up with. You sell now and Zavvi come up with pure rubbish the Jap one will only go up more.

Saying that the Bay is the Bay and has it's risks. I got a sealed one here at around £35 which was my good luck. Yours is open but long as it is complete it would get around the same on ScumTree or Greedbay.

I would wait until you see what Zavvi come up with. You sell now and Zavvi come up with pure rubbish the Jap one will only go up more.

Saying that the Bay is the Bay and has it's risks. I got a sealed one here at around £35 which was my good luck. Yours is open but long as it is complete it would get around the same on ScumTree or Greedbay.

I'm not so bothered about future value as that's not why I collect steels really. I only decided to get Japanese Dredd simply because there was no other available option at the time. If there had been a zavvi release in those days, i would've opted for that one instead. I'll probably put it up for trade on here rather than bay it.

Anyone have any idea how much Prometheus (Original Play Exclusive), Drive HMV (open/mint) & Pulp Fiction (Play/Sealed) go for these days? Thanks.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom