1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Hours

Discussion in 'TV Show Forum' started by encaser, Feb 21, 2003.

1. encaser

encaser

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +112
    The Hours is a classie little piece of cocktail skirt which I thought to be quite profound and weight-some. You need to be in a gentile mood for it and it'll work just right in kicking the hell out of your faith in human relations. But then it'll do it's best to reconstruct in mind that they can work if you make sure you don't let yourself get trapped in furrowed lands. It's an oddity in it's cross theme of past, present and future tales running at the same time with similar/related stories in motion. And just to confuse matters further it has misplaced emotions and sexualities with homosexuality for both men and women and also incestuous relations to feel a nexus.
    I doubt that too many people will have the patience for this to have its desired effect but it worked for me. Nicole Kidman is unrecognisable in make-up but is superb as the troubled Virginia Woolf, though the wonderful Miranda Richardson is as her sister. As is Meryl Streep and Julianne Moore who play the other two characters whose story of strained relations gets told. Its failing, for me, though, was that it left you wondering more about Woolf as a person than ever gets told in the film. Well worth a view if you like period character based stories.

2. James45

James45
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    it looked so depressing I turned the trailer off!!:(

3. KRRK

KRRK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I though this was fantastic, one of the best, and most moving films I have ever seen. And the Phillip Glass score is phenomenal.