The Home-Cinema demo room in PC World.......

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Girthvader, Apr 22, 2007.

1. Girthvader

Girthvader

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Think I'm gonna have to get me an extra Lottery ticket on saturday........:D Didn't want to leave.:rotfl:

2. GBDG1

GBDG1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,260
    Sounds amazing, most PC world staff are incapable of properly installing a light bulb never mind cinema. Makes a change from Hi-def TVs displaying VHS quality feeds over scart.

3. darren_eaf

darren_eaf

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +30
    You've actually seen places using scart leads? Most i've seen use RF or composite video lead! :smashin:

4. Knyght_byte

Knyght_byte

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +600
    remember seeing the KEF demo in my local PC World....highly amusing....loads of bloated bass and almost nothing else....LOL

i still think the best was my work....they paid a complete fortune to have their Arena and Stadium rooms (we were based in Stonebridge, down the road from Wembley Park, so they named the meeting/conference rooms on the obvious nearby structures) kitted out with Bose equipment......

we'd moved from kilburn to stonebridge a year after i joined the company, and on the first friday in the new offices they decided to christen the place with shutting off the phones and letting us watch a movie....heh.....(lots of free drinkies and snacks, yay)

so they put the disc in, let it startup, switched off the lights etc......first thing we hear is one of the piracy type warnings.....except its a muffled voice from the cupboard where they housed the acoustimass box thing....then, THX logo time......muffled noise from cupboard, followed by two speakers at the rear cacking out trying to reproduce the deeper stuff at too loud a volume :rotfl:.....they'd completely screwed up the wiring somehow....hahah....still not sure how they managed it tbh....but they had :rolleyes: