The Holiday - Blu-Ray review @ AVPlay

beagle five

I LOVE this movie and its one of the reasons I bought a HD-DVD when I heard it was coming, and I´ll let you know how it looks on hd-dvd as soon as my copy from play comes next week.
but i hardly think its going to look better then the BD version since VC-1 is even less sharp then the BD codecs. but its less grain to though.

well we will see, great movie anyway!

cicada78

"but i hardly think its going to look better then the BD version since VC-1 is even less sharp then the BD codecs."

huh?

HugoFJH

watched the HD-DVD version of this film and really enjoyed it

Its certainly not ideal hidef material, but its a good movie and worth buying over the sd for me (but only just)

irascian

Banned
Thought the UK HD-DVD transfer was good, although this is hardly the sort of film that needs high definition.

Winslett was good, and Jack Black was for once thankfully not in full-on, endless gurning and extremely irritating mode.

But I thought the film was chocolate box junk. So sweet I wanted to puke. I know one is expected to suspend all disbelief where rom-coms are concerned, but this seemed to expect you to have a lobotomy as well.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Sony A90J Thoughts, madVR Processor & Sonus faber Lumina II Reviews + Movie & TV roundup
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom