1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Hokey Cokey

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by Sharpy14, Aug 21, 2005.

1. Sharpy14

Sharpy14

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    They say a little knowledge can be a dangerous thing. These forums are great, and are a wonderful place to get info and help, but just when you think you have made a decision, you "toe dip" again (hence the hokey cokey) out of habit and what do you find................rumours of a possible mibbe Panasonic price cut, which may be 20%, but there is nothing official.

Now, I haven't ordered my telly yet (thats a telly, not a panel, and I know that I am mad and should wait for the new Panasonic panel.......I made the mistake of reading that thread as well), but what of those bods who have put down deposits on PV500's, waiting for "stock". I wonder if (should this price cut happen), it will be retrospective for orders already placed.

It's all so............................stressful!

2. GalacticaActual

GalacticaActual

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +204
    I doubt that any price cut will be passed on to the consumer untill the actually day of it happenenig. If you have paid a deposit, and are waiting for a TV to come in to stock, and then the price drops a week later, would you pass on the price cut to the customer? I just cant see it happenening.

3. Skeets_de

Skeets_de

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The on-line dealer where I ordered my PV500 (at the old price) has dropped his price by €50,00 since Friday. :thumbsdow The PV500 is supposed to be delivered next week. If he delays delivery I will try to squeeze him. :smashin:

4. Sharpy14

Sharpy14

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    So the best thing is to wait a week or so and see if there is any announcement from Panasonic.

If I was Panasonic, I would wait until all back orders are cleared at the current price, and then announce, why give up 20% on presumably thousands of screens, when you can wait, rake it in, and then announce in the run up to xmas, a price drop

Thankfully I am not Panasonic and just know that they will look within their heart and have parity with what Panasonic in the states is going to do.............

(this being more hope against experience)