• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

The Hobbit playback issue on CA 751BD

Ianb76

Tried playing The Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug & the pop up menu stays on screen, throughout playback of the movie, in both 2D & 3D.
The firmware is up to date, also there's no fault with the disc as plays in my CA650BD & Sony BDPS5100, without the above mentioned issue.
Will drop Cambridge Audio an email, also pop into my local RS tomorrow see if they can shed any light on it.

Darkstar_surfer

I have the same problem on my Oppo 95 running old ISO compatible firmware.

Ianb76

Just had firmware update for CA 751BD. Hopefully will rectify the Hobbit issue :)

jhjerpe

Hope to firmware fixes it. A work around is to start the film, menu bug appears, stop the film, then play again and select resume.

jhjerpe

No firmware for the 651 yet when I check using network update.

CJT-80

jhjerpe where did you get ur 651 from? I hope you get a F/W update from CA soon, if not it maybe worth messaging them...

jhjerpe

I got the player from Richer Sounds. Just checked the CA web site and it has the new Firmware but dated May 1st, so maybe it will be released tomorrow.

Rick84

Anybody downloaded the update yet? Mine still saying its up to date with the old firmware ?

Sent from my iPhone using AVForums mobile app

Ianb76

I had my firmware update on Tuesday, not tried Hobbit though :)

jhjerpe

Still no update via the network connection, the Firmware is on the CA website, so might try a USB stick update later.

jhjerpe

Still can't update my 651, will raise a support ticket with CA today.

Rick84

My 751 found the update this morning but once downloaded it said "firmware is incorrect or corrupted".

jhjerpe

My 751 found the update this morning but once downloaded it said "firmware is incorrect or corrupted".

Same on my 651, getting annoying!

Ianb76

Same issue on my 751bd. Tried 3 times yesterday, got same message everytime!

jhjerpe

Finally got around to raising a support ticket with CA, hopefully they will respond. Found a similar issue withe the Blue Jasmine BD, same work around got the film playing. Will report back if I hear anything from CA support.

Rick84

I messaged CA about a week ago now. They replied to my 1st MSG and
asked which software i had, i told them and i didn't get a reply?!

Ianb76

Tried downloading via player & didn't work again :facepalm:
Have updated via USB instead, no problems firmware now up to date :)

Rick84

I'm still having issues doing it via USB. My 751 isn't recognising the update?

Rick84

It's not recognising the update on the USB either? I'm possibly doing something wrong, I just don't know what?

Maninblack

Hope to firmware fixes it. A work around is to start the film, menu bug appears, stop the film, then play again and select resume.
This is what I did with oppo bdp95 on iso firmware, works

Rick84

The online update works now. Mine updated yesterday.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom