The Hitcher - remake.

Personally, I think that it is a good film to remake, not a lot can go wrong with it. You don't have to compete with special effects, there is not much dialogue to get wrong, and you could certainly improve on the energy of the film, and the film quality.

That has got to be as unnecesary a remake as The Thing:suicide:
I thought the Kurt Russell remake of The Thing was very good actually.:)

I would definitely be interested in watching a remake of The Hitcher. From watching the trailer,the dialogue seems pretty close to the original.
Sean Bean should be pretty good as John Ryder i think,and a worthy successor to Ruther Hauer

I thought the Kurt Russell remake of The Thing was very good actually.:)

They're remaking the John Carpenter/Kurt Russell film from 80's. Yes. I am aware that this was a remake of The Thing From Another World, but I(and a couple of other forumites) are of the opinion that Carpenter/Russell film is as good as you could wish it to be..

I personally think that "The Hitcher" is a classic of it's genre and something which doesn't need to be remade.

Are they going to be able to improve on Rutger Hauer's performance? As much as I like to see fellow Sheffield-ite Sean Bean get more leading roles in major films, I think that Hauer's characterisation is a one-off and the law of diminishing returns will surely kick in.

The bland twentysomething leads are scarcely a patch on C. Thomas Howell and Jennifer Jason Leigh (who are they going to get who is a patch on her, for God's sake?) from what I've seen in the trailer.

The direction of the original, the cinematography, the amazing score by Mark Isham - all classic, hardly likely to be improved by filmmakers direct from MTV & commercials.

It just has 'misbegotten' written all over it.

They're remaking the John Carpenter/Kurt Russell film from 80's. Yes. I am aware that this was a remake of The Thing From Another World, but I(and a couple of other forumites) are of the opinion that Carpenter/Russell film is as good as you could wish it to be..

They're remaking the Thing (great great film) from the 80's:eek:

Good lord, whatver next:rolleyes:

A remake of Halloween :eek:

BUT directed by Rob Zombie:smashin: He is improving as a director so this could be quite good.

I'm saying this after having watched the original a few weeks ago and realising it was nowhere near as good as I remembered it. The soundtrack still kicks a$$ though.

I actually never saw the original but I like Sean Bean and the trailer looks good so I may have to rent the original one this weekend so I can compare.

Not Sean Bean as a 'Brit baddie' again!
We'll there's a surprise :rolleyes:

It could be worse they could try remaking Casablanca:eek: :eek: :eek: :rolleyes:

Not Sean Bean as a 'Brit baddie' again!
We'll there's a surprise :rolleyes:

Well, from the trailer that I saw, Sean has a good ol' non-specific American accent in this flick...

I'm sure that the two-second attention span demographic that this movie is apparently aimed at won't be too unduly bothered by this.

watched this today, i was surprised at how good it was,it looked good not cheap and the two leads were good too, sean bean looked really mean in it also but still needs to practice his accent,great soundtrack with nine inch nails in it.

and the girl is really hot which allways makes it worthwhile:smashin:

I was looking forward to this on HD as I was a big fan of the original but £17 for a film of 1hr 20m long seems to be taking the mick!!! Think will have to wait and pick up a cheapy SD version in the future, not sure how Sean Bean will comapre to the class of Rutger Hauer though ;)

I watched it last night.

Although I enjoyed it, it didn't bring anything new to the table at all. You can see the same scenes in both films and, even though I like Sean Bean, he didn't bring the same menace to the part that Hauer did.

As a stand alone film I'd happily recommend it The actors are all compedent in their roles, Sophia Bush (snigger) is extremely easy on the eyes and the story is a good one.
If you're a fan of the original, then I think you may find this one a bit dissapointing.

If you had ever seen the original and enjoyed it then steer well clear. In fact, steer clear altogether and pick up a copy of the original. This is just another in the now seemingly endless production line of cynical remakes. Every ounce of suspense, characterisation or menace that made the original a great movie has been totally sucked out and replaced with a higher gore count, obviously aimed at a teen audience.

in short, no i didn't like it:D

That has got to be as unnecesary a remake as The Thing:suicide:
Don't get me started on the Italian "set in America, with American actors... and Hollywood taking the credit for the idea" Job II

The rave reviews are here

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom