1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The High Street Strikes back!

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by daftmole, Jun 10, 2003.

1. daftmole

daftmole

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +387
    While out in my lunch today, I noticed that the high street prices of Dvds are getting lower and lower, in most cases just a pound or so more than their online equivalents. For example WH Smiths is selling Reign of fire for £14.99 and Play are selling it for £13.99. The high street is also offering good sales, like the virgin 5 for £30, and the more recent 2 for £18 that I've totally abused!!!

This then made me realise that I'm buying more dvds on the high street lately than from the internet for the first time in over 3 years! Is this a growing trend or just me? I still order online, you will never get the prices from DVDsoon on the high street, but it's easier to smuggle a virgin bag past the wife than the brown envelope waiting on your door mat!!!:D

2. wilber

wilber

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +30
    I didn't know you could buy pron at virgin!

It's true for R2 stuff (I saw K19 in tesco today for £11). But I tend to get most stuff from DVDSOON or even cheaper trading forums

3. Squirrel God

Squirrel God

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Me buy only from Internet :devil:

Can't flick through DVDcompare to makes sure I'm buying the right region otherwise.