The "help me finish 4 player co-op" thread

Zzebedee

I've been going through the campaign in insane multiplayer with randoms just by joining a game and playing until the host quits.
This left a few chapters where I've not been able to join a game playing the chapters I need.
I've filled all the gaps on insane now just by playing on my own and I've got the co-op 2 players Cheevos finally ( plugged my spare controller in and did the last chapter I needed in casual that way).

This thread is for those of us that have just a few chapters they need to get to finish off the campaign achievements. I'm sure there must be others like me out there.
I need maybe 6 or 8 chapters in total to finish everything in 4 player co-op, they can be done in casual and I have the instagib melee mutator so we'll be able to sprint straight through smacking the grubs, mine shouldn't take more than an hour or so.
I propose that 4 of us get together one evening and take it in turns choosing which chapter to play through.

Anyone interested please post in here and add me on Xbox live and we'll start this ASAP

Raffboner

Novice Member
If you need someone to make up numbers and you see me on just invite me and i will help:)

Coz22998

Distinguished Member
I'm in for this - only got about 12 chapters done but willing to help out wherever. But I go on honeymoon for a fortnight on Sunday so tomorrow night or Saturday's all I can do until I get back!

Mark

Coz22998

Distinguished Member
Right. Have finally had it with this bl00dy game/cheevo :mad::mad::mad:

Thanks to early quitters and general numpties playing public games, I've now got 4 out of the 31 chapters left to do in 4 player co-op, scattered across 3 acts. When i start a public game at one of the acts i need, I have yet to have anyone join me. When i join games invariably its past the chapter I need or to make matters worse, early quitters leave before completing the chapter.

But whats finally prompted this rant is after nearly 4 days of getting nowhere near the chapters I need, I finally get one and a lobby of 4 people in it. Just after we begin one quits out but i think hey, i'm in so i'm not going to quit and its a short level (act 2, level 3). Then, just before the last wave of bad guys, hallelujah, a 4th player jumps in.......we kill all the enemies and I sit back to bask in the glory of getting one of my final 4 chapters......

AAAAAARRRGGGHHHHHH! until one of the numpties quits out during the cut scene to end the chapter! cue only 3 people "complete" the chapter and i'm left yet again leaving negative feedback for complete ejits out there :suicide:

Sorry, rant over but if anyone else out there is struggling with random chapters, I was wondering can you do with two people, each signing in a guest and setting up a private game? Stick it on casual and it doesnt matter if 2 players dont do anything. Anyone tried this? If it works, does anyone fancy helping me in return for me helping with their last few chapters?

AAAAAAAAARRRRRGGHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

Mark

scanz

Distinguished Member
You should be able to sign in guests and do it that way, it worked for a couple of us with the horde achievements.

Coz22998

Distinguished Member
Thanks Scanz - will try that and save my sanity :D

Mark

scanz

Distinguished Member
If not then just give us a shout when online and I'll jump in if required :thumbsup:

jason g

Distinguished Member
If not then just give us a shout when online and I'll jump in if required :thumbsup:
if u do arcade on insane i'll jump in at some point as i still need to do all the chapters for the onyx badge.

won't be tonight though so if u arrange a night to do it then let me know.

Coz22998

Distinguished Member
Thanks Jason - may have to get you guys to help me tomorrow night if you're around. Have done 2 of the 4, have done the prologue twice with 4 players but it's not registering so just need Act 4 Chapter 4 to do (and my progress bar did say 30 out of 31 done - does the prologue not count???).

Thanks guys, hopefully see you tomorrow evening - and Jason more than happy to stay on and help you with your insane chapters.

Cheers,

Mark

Coz22998

Distinguished Member
Finally completed it with randoms.........:clap:

Thanks Scanz and Jason for the offer of help - happy to help you guys out if you see me on (Jason, FR sent earlier today and happy to do arcade on insane).

Now back to upgrading my silverback in horde to get those damn missiles......

Mark

jason g

Distinguished Member
Finally completed it with randoms.........:clap:

Thanks Scanz and Jason for the offer of help - happy to help you guys out if you see me on (Jason, FR sent earlier today and happy to do arcade on insane).

Now back to upgrading my silverback in horde to get those damn missiles......

Mark
if u wait until weekend i can get u the rockets achievement on the silverback, doesn't take that long if u do my stategy.

u can use my silverback as mine is level 3 which is the rockets.

Coz22998

Distinguished Member
Thanks man - will see you on the weekend!!!!

Mark

scanz

Distinguished Member
if u wait until weekend i can get u the rockets achievement on the silverback, doesn't take that long if u do my stategy.

Oh, what's your strategy? :)

jason g

Distinguished Member
Oh, what's your strategy? :)
horde.

blood drive.

super reload, no ammo pick ups, enemy regeneration mutators on.

hardcore mode.

wave 27.

build the fence in the room where u start, this keeps them from swamping u, just kill as many as possible but leave about 3 left and die, then restart the current wave, keep doing this until u have enough for the silverback and the upgrade, silverback is i think 12,500 the upgrade is 10,000.

don't buy the turret in the same room, it blocks the silverbacks shots.

once u have the rockets, sit in the corner of the room with the fence u built and shoot the rockets in the doorway, the fence holds them up and u can get a lot of kills, just keep repairing the silverback if it gets damaged.

i did this for DJ Blade, i went out after he got the silverback upgrade and i got killed so i could go in ghost cam and spot them from outside the door and tell him what was arriving at the door, small enemies take 1 shot but bigger ones like grinders, boomers, or kantus's turn up.
if the silverback is really damaged then get out and repair it on the next wave, if u don't have the cash keep killing them with your normal guns then continue on.

the fence being up is key, that has to be repaired before the silverback always.

doesn't take long once u get into it.

scanz

Distinguished Member
Nicely done :smashin:

Need to get my Silverback up to level 3 first though... :(

markwww673

Only level 3 :rolleyes: slacker !!!!

my target is level five to get the 33% discount back..

Crovon

Distinguished Member
Don't you leave me out on this, I want some of them bloody cheevo's!

Just let me know what day sat or sun and what time, I still need the hosting 2 as well :(

The latest video from AVForums

The Best Movies and TV Shows Coming to Netflix in November 2020: Tom's Thumbs.

Latest News

Tom's Thumbs: What is coming to Netflix in November 2020
  • By AVForums
  • Published
Melco anniversary edition N10 library announced
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
What's new on Disney+ UK for November 2020
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Denon, Marantz and Yamaha AV receivers hit by HDMI 2.1 bug
  • By Andy Bassett